Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0982.PNGAs you can imagine I'm loving what Chip is up to and it's cool that he's going all metal by using the 70 quarter but you guys don't find that the quarter has a very vertical face on it as opposed to the nearly 30 degree angle on the top of the front fender and door? I spent a ton of time making sure I didn't do that. I matched every piece of rod on the bird cage to that curve before I welded it in place. I also find that the top of the front fender is curvey and I find the 70 quarter has a top line that's very straight and flat. I know he's not done and no matter what he does I'm always a fan.  Much respect. Just my observation.

Had to repost pic

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Attachments

• IMG_0984.PNG
    IMG_0984.PNG
    985.2 KB · Views: 49
Ugh... I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Not liking that at all.  Like you said with the way you did yours, it's still all proportional.  This looks like a trainwreck about to happen.

Still waiting to see, but I just see something weird coming together out of this.

Ugh... I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Not liking that at all.  Like you said with the way you did yours, it's still all proportional.  This looks like a trainwreck about to happen.

Still waiting to see, but I just see something weird coming together out of this.
Wide-body71

Lol. I think it can be great. I'm jumping the gun a little with what I said. Poor guy isn't close to finished and I'm picking on it. I think your right when you said we wait and see.

Hey Angelo, I saw that too and wondered how the transition would take place in the door. That view of yours is awesome and shows the thought that went into it. Since we don't know the plan in chips head we'll have to wait and see. In the drawings he did of the project I didn't see that angle of a shot to show the transition. But I definitely appreciate the effort you took to follow all that through. When I sectioned mine and lowered the top back down on to the bottom, it changed the angle your referring too, increasing it slightly. I had to reshape the doors to compensate although minimally .

Hey Angelo, I saw that too and wondered how the transition would take place in the door. That view of yours is awesome and shows the thought that went into it. Since we don't know the plan in chips head we'll have to wait and see. In the drawings he did of the project I didn't see that angle of a shot to show the transition. But I definitely appreciate the effort you took to follow all that through. When I sectioned mine and lowered the top back down on to the bottom, it changed the angle your referring too, increasing it slightly. I had to reshape the doors to compensate although minimally .
You can see the continuity in your car Ray. It really is something that needs to be addressed when mods are made. I can imagine Chip would overlook that. My assumption is that since the flare is missing he may make a piece that incorporates that angle somehow.

You can see the continuity in your car Ray. It really is something that needs to be addressed when mods are made. I can imagine Chip would overlook that. My assumption is that since the flare is missing he may make a piece that incorporates that angle somehow.
In the early pics ,around page 5 , the pic is from the front and shows the huge discrepancy at where the door meets from top to bottom. It seams like the rear edge of the door has a big adjustment coming. It's curious and fun to speculate but time shall reveal.

I'm with you guys, I deffently dont like the angle on the rear quarter too, looks wrong in my eyes compared to the front fender! I really hope that he is installing the taillights closer to the side of the rear quarters and not making the quarter end caps too big, would look totally wrong in my eyes! :)

9957300a8f5569bef5d4c1c42cbd7c8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks to me like he's going to continue the side body line further back. In that case he would easily be able to get all the proper angles into that quarter. I don't see a wheel well tub welded to the quarter. So he's probably going to pull the sheet metal outward before one goes in. And the front fender looks original even though he moved the flare. I thought it would make the length of the rocker too long but really not the case. Foose is definitely a "wait till I'm finished" designer/ builder even though it's fun to speculate

The strong body line should just disappear into the fattened-up quarter (just like on the original '71 quarters) - there's no rational reason to continue the body line any further.

Honestly, I think if he does anything with it, he should have it as the top edge of the Mustang-style side scoops, and make 'em functional.  Yeah, it would be 'just like the Pegasus' in that regard, but who cares - Ford should've done that at the factory, anyway. ;)

I'm OK with pretty much everything so far, with the exception of that rear-end abortion-in-the-making, and completely ditching the '71's interior... I don't think the body style lends itself well to the modern interior (especially, not the dashboard).

HIHsView attachment IMG_1082.PNG

I agree with the side scoop being something that Ford should have designed originally. That body line needed to disappear right into it. Especially since most of the cars had rear glass that never rolled down for the back seat passengers.

Nope. Wait till you see the door handles he is putting on this thing...

Last edited:
aa39b5b246a989f51c64d2b35817e5be.jpg
93b703170dd7a334c297c336e5a8ca84.jpg

979cd7a9f2833b381ba1bbdf1ff8418c.jpg
ff754163631e2328d1b5b9874ae76ad1.jpg

Back