Color of Red

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are awesome with the suggestions. The body guy is stopping by Tuesday with some color suggestions. I shared with him my thoughts and your comments. He thinks he has a few options for me. I will share them afterward.

I went with a 2 stage PPG Viper Red and am really happy with it. It has less orange then the factory color and a little darker. Everywhere I go people comment on the color and how they love it.

Has any seen or has a car where the stripes are painted instead of taped? We are considering painting ours so the striped would be under the clear coat.
When I was working in a "production shop" where we converted brand new p/u trucks and did some custom paint on them there were a couple versions we painted stripes and then before the clear went on we would take 1500-2000 grit on a block and soften the edge of the stripe by sanding slightly (careful-careful-careful) the edge where the stripe and paint came together. the result was a near smooth surface when the clear went on. I know unusual but it worked well and I was impressed at how well the clear flowed over the stripes. I plan on painting the hockey strips on mine then burying them in clear when the time comes.

Jeremy, what color did you decide to go with and how does it compare to the original bright red?
Hi Don. Still working on the color. I spent most of the week looking at shops and will work with them to pick a color in the next couple of weeks. I will pass the color along when we pick it.

Back