Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, there is a rather large cost associated with RP. I was thinking more for the initial set just so you could have them for your car while you figure out the mold process (I'm not always the most patient!) Though there's something to be said for doing it all yourself. Nothing but the up most respect for you and this project, I love seeing all the custom crazy ideas everyone here comes up with. It inspires me to try and take a unique approach to my own car

Just poured what I hope to be the last mold I'll need to make. I thickened up my original where it needed to be. Luckily the areas that needed to be a little thicker only required re-making one half of the mold instead of both.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371789730.574328.jpg

This is probably my favorite project on the entire site.

I poured another one last night and...I think I finally got it right :D it's thick enough everywhere and there are only a few small air bubbles in an area that will be painted black anyway.

I have to trim off the flashing (where the resin was poured in) at the top and the next step is to paint it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371912316.619367.jpg

Nice work, Brutha! Can't wait to see the rest of it come together!! ::thumb::

The real thing will be a bit more refined as far as nice crisp tape lines, and sanded/buffed as needed to get rid of dirt in the clear. I also don't like the shade of red I used, it was something I had kickin around, it shows up too pink with a light behind it. However, the light at the end of the tunnel is on, and getting brighter :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372048753.822224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372048775.437688.jpg

slow_clap_I_dont_care-s500x371-139710-580.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back