Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, looking forward to have a set on my Fastback project! Keep it up!

OUTSTANDING! Great to see one in the final stages, it really does look good man. I think you may have to open a factory and hire some people for assembly lines with the way this project has drawn attention. I am glad to have been a part of the brainstorming and hope my input helped a little. How is TheJ coming along with the LED boards for them? Will we be mounting these to stock housings? Again, great work bro!

Just to make sure I got this right...The red outline is tail light and the clear in the center is brake, and turn? I assume these will be LED's but where do the backup lights fit into the picture...I have not seen a new stang backing up yet

Just to make sure I got this right...The red outline is tail light and the clear in the center is brake, and turn? I assume these will be LED's but where do the backup lights fit into the picture...I have not seen a new stang backing up yet
Here's a vid on how the '13's work:

Obsidian71,

Thanks for staying on this project. I think you are doing a great job.

You are very talented. The computer graphics rendering (not easy), paint and bodywork skills, designer and innovator, etc...

Everyone knows I am a purist when it comes to the cars but your restomodded 71 is one of my favorite modded stangs!

So....... Just curious - what other innovations/changes do you have in mind for your restomodded 71?

Ray

Obsidian71,

Thanks for staying on this project. I think you are doing a great job.

You are very talented. The computer graphics rendering (not easy), paint and bodywork skills, designer and innovator, etc...

Everyone knows I am a purist when it comes to the cars but your restomodded 71 is one of my favorite modded stangs!

So....... Just curious - what other innovations/changes do you have in mind for your restomodded 71?

Ray
Best way to see the rest of the progress is to check out this thread: http://www.7173mustangs.com/showthread.php?tid=4407 as for other plans, I'm shaving some stuff, tucking the bumpers, and some custom interior stuff. I'm trying to make it so unless you really know 71-73 Mustangs, you may not notice what's different. I love the purist thing too, but mine is just a plain Jane coupe so I figured why not have some fun with it. If it were a Mach or Boss I'd go stock all the way :)

I'm looking forward to ording a set. We'll definitely be seeing a cadre of our members that install this 'mod' out in the cruises and shows. I know that I'll be looking. Great job!

I'm sending the one that's done to TheJ so he can fit the LED boards to them. In the meantime I plan to start making a handful of them. I hope to have them actually hitting the streets within the next month or 2. The first sets will go to anyone who contributed to the materials needed to make these reality. All along I've said that donations were like a pre-order. So anyone who donated gets the first batch. After that it all depends on how quickly I can keep up with the demand.

Thanks for your interest! They should be available pretty soon :)

I'm also in line for a set or two. Let me/us know when and how much, ok? BTW, great job on the lens. How is TheJ doing on the LED boards?

Hey guys, a few people have been asking about the LEDs. I'm waiting on the lens, which should be here shortly, as I can't do much without one. I should have all of the components to make them work and I just finished a similar project (practice) on a set of Pontiac Fiero tails, which can be seen here. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-86-fiero-gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back