Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sell it! Get a second job! Win the lottery! Donate blood! Sell your furniture!

Or, sell it to a rich uncle who will sell it back to you in a few years...

Don't sell it! Get a second job! Win the lottery! Donate blood! Sell your furniture!

Or, sell it to a rich uncle who will sell it back to you in a few years...
Sound advice...The kid will want it someday

J- Circuit boards???

O- have you made any more lenses yet??? I would be willing to experiment like Q.

I am finally moving into a house and will have a two car garage, I see late weekend nights in my future!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update time: I finally got the circuit board today, it only took a month. I'll get started on it this week end and will take a lot of pictures. Thanks for your patience guys.

I just got back from vacation today. I haven't made anymore lenses as of yet but hopefully will have some time in the coming weeks. It's been a busy summer!

Can't wait to see what J comes up with on the LED's! :D

LED update: I made a template for the board and started to cut it when my last blade broke. Sorry it's taking so long I've been helping a friend rebuild a Saab motor and its been eating up most of my free time.

LED update: I made a template for the board and started to cut it when my last blade broke. Sorry it's taking so long I've been helping a friend rebuild a Saab motor and its been eating up most of my free time.
Friends don't let friends drive SAAB"s !rofl

Friends don't let friends drive SAAB"s !rofl
:) He totaled his car (also a Saab) and needed another one on the cheap so I sold him my Saab that I picked up that had a rod knock and now we're fixing it.

Sorry fellas, My daily has been being temperamental so its been eating up my free time. I'll have an update for you this weekend. I want to at least get the board cut out and the LEDs positioned and soldered in. Then I'll get working on the sequential circuit and all of the fun LED connections. Thanks for being patient.

Sorry fellas, My daily has been being temperamental so its been eating up my free time. I'll have an update for you this weekend. I want to at least get the board cut out and the LEDs positioned and soldered in. Then I'll get working on the sequential circuit and all of the fun LED connections. Thanks for being patient.
No prob man! Just curious. It took me like 2 years to finalize a lens!

I have the same interior in my 2010 GT....Nice!

As promised I have an update for you guys.

I have to find the rest of my LEDs and figure out the red/white LEDs

I have a few problems with it at the moment but they are pretty small. The LEDs I have are touching the lens but I think that a small weatherstrip spacer will cure that. Also they are not soldered in right now as I can't find my fine solder so I'll pick some up in the next couple of days.

Here's my plan for right now, get these (the brake light) LEDs soldered in and working then figure out the outside rings (running lights). I have a sneaking suspicion that these might bleed through the black but we will see.

I know I've said it before but thanks for being patient with me guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back