Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks my friend.. :) I don't know that color, but I'm sure that you have chosen very careful and the color is going to be perfect on your car.. Can't wait to see it.. I think it will be perfect with a modern twist of the original decals, I like that idea!

Hi guys.. I have'nt been updating in a while, but I have a lot of things that takes my time these days.. But I was in the garage this week and made a scetch of a rear spoiler idea I have been thinking about.. So what do you guys think about that? I really like it and think it's going to be like that, maybe with a few minor changes.. :)

image.jpg

I'd like to see more shots from the back and side but it's a really nice shape and angle.

I like the size and shape of it. The rest of your ideas will support it as well. By the way there was a show here in Toronto that is called "Motorama" that I took my 8 yr old son to today. So many sweet cars. There was a 71 or 72 mustang that was extremely restomoded that I wanted to share with you. All steel panels. Lots of talent and money behind the build. There are a few things that are not my taste but very nice work! I will post a few shots on my thread.

Hello guys!

It's been a long time since I have been online on this site, but I have had a lot of things to take care of, so the Mustang have'nt been my first priority. But now I feel I got the time again and will be moving forward as I got the time.

I finally got my Dakota Digital gauges (a big thanks to Jbojo for this)! So I re-assembled the gauge cluster and painted it a matte black and the trim rings are actually just a primer, but I like that grey colour, so that's it.. :D Damn I love these gauges, they are pretty cool, can't wait to install them :)

I got the Bonspeed wheels paid off too, so they will soon be on it's way! :D

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

These dials are epic mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw you guage cluster. Very very nice! Looks so clean and functional.

Hot damn! That's a good looking gauge cluster! I can't wait to see you finished spoiler, I have an idea of what I want mine to look like on my coupe, just haven't started it yet. Keep the pictures coming brother!

Thanks guys! It's really not easy to decide the shape, I have so many ideas in my head and keep changing them all the time.. :D

But I ended up with this inspired by H.P.I Customs, I like the idea of a rear spoiler in two pieces instead of a traditional that goes from corner to corner.. This is just a scetch I made and I am thinking about using fiberglass to build it as I don't have the right tools to give it the shape I want.. :)

I would really like to hear your opinions ? :)

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love what you did to your rear deck and tailights. So much great dimension. Looks awesome!!! Are you planning to back them with red plexy and LEDs ? I didn't notice mention of that or are you using the stock tailights behind your creation? Promise I won't steal your idea lol as much as I like it :bravo:

Oh and the gauges look great too

Need more pics. Id love to see different angles. Plus everyone's tastes vary. I like the idea and when you find what really speaks to you it will look great! At first glance I think they look a little short. Since they look to be an 1-1/2" apart in the centre, I think my eye is expecting them to be a little closer to the quarter end cap. I'm also thinking to finish the ends, a straight chop for the center and the same angled curve as the rear quarters on the outer ends would be a stronger look than the slant look. I know it's just a mock up but I would add a little bull nose to soften the look of the top edge so it's not razor sharp. When I was thinking of a similar idea, rather than a split in the middle, I had an 1" step down in the centre. Almost as if you cleared a 20" section to help see our the rear view mirror.

If you have a friend with a metal brake you can use bendable aluminum and then panel bond the ends with Lepage H3300 two part epoxy and end up with an extremely strong and nice looking piece.

I absolutely love what you did to your rear deck and tailights. So much great dimension. Looks awesome!!! Are you planning to back them with red plexy and LEDs ? I didn't notice mention of that or are you using the stock tailights behind your creation? Promise I won't steal your idea lol as much as I like it :bravo:

Oh and the gauges look great too
Thanks a lot Ray! Yes I am planning to back them up with some plexy and LEDs behind them.. The plexy will be tinted as dark as possible so it will match the color the car are going to be.. So I am not going to use the stock taillights as they don't fit in the taillight panel anymore :)

Wide-body71: Thanks for your ideas.. I think you got a point about that they might sit to far from eachother, I think they have to sit a little closer. About the top of the spoiler, my plan was to soften the curve instead of the sharp curve the mock up got, I want it to have some of the same curves as the car have so it don't look too wierd if you understand me.. I think I will try to do some little changes to that mock up and see what it ends with :)

image.jpeg

Back