Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I know that foam. Sometimes your mind stores and digs up what it needs. Really nice job. Has a natural flow to it. You may want to lay the fibreglass layers slowly, if you know what I mean, because of the heat build up possibly warping your foam. It would suck to loose that work.

Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate your words. I know what you mean, but I actually did a test on a small piece of foam before I tried on the spoiler it self and it worked fine and nothing have failed!! So I was lucky about that it all turned out nice! :)

I figured you did but it never hurts to mention it. I'm excited to see the piece complete.

This is looking awesome! ::thumb::

I wish Ford would've gone that direction for the trunk spoiler treatment, rather than the wing - it would've added more 'muscle look' to the already cool fastback shape, IMHO.

Can't wait to see this done. Keep up the great work! :bravo:

This is looking awesome! ::thumb::

I wish Ford would've gone that direction for the trunk spoiler treatment, rather than the wing - it would've added more 'muscle look' to the already cool fastback shape, IMHO.

Can't wait to see this done. Keep up the great work! :bravo:
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that people like what I am doing! This is first time I have made a thing in fiberglass. I have made some repairs on bumpers and other stuff like that before, but never a thing like this!

It would have been really nice if Ford would have made it this way, it would have safed me for a lot of work and hours :D

I am actually thinking about laying a layer of carbonfiber as a final touch to it, I think that could be way to cool!!

Great work, Daniel! Haven't recognized your recent update yet...

That looks awesome - as wide-body71 mentioned I like the quote of the 71-72 front bumpers in there - it is more subtle than the normal Mach-1-wing - great :bravo:
Thanks for your kind words! I will hope to get the spoiler finished soon so I can post some pictures of it.. It's great with all those nice comments, thanks! :) And yes it really have the shape like the front bumper.. I think I will try to make something in that direction on the rear bumper too.. The front bumper will be made in fiberglass as the factory one are in a bad condition and to safe some weight up front.. :)

Spoiler looks great, that's what I tried to pull of on my hood. Looks better on the rear than mine on the hood is working. I've been rethinking it but now I think it's great. It is a rare touch on that 71 bumper. I like it ?

I finally got the wheels from Bonspeed and I am so satisfied with them! Damn they are some nice and really good looking wheels. The rear wheels are some huge bastards! :)

One more picture

One more picture

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nasty!! What are the sizes you went with?

Did you research what tire will fit 19" wheels? I had a hell of a time tying to find a tire with an aggressive tread, with more than 3" of sidewall and around 345 in back. Ended up having to go with 18" up front and 20" in back just so I could get 315's with some sidewall. I want a muscle look so low profile tires are not at all my style. What have you found? Tires for 19" are a little difficult to find options for aren't they?

It's a really difficult size as 19" in those sizes are a size that mostly are used in motorsports. But I am thinking about Hankook Ventus S1 Evo in 305/30-19" for the rear and 245/35-19" for the front. I know it's lowprofile, but I really like the Pro touring style and concept, and will go that route with the car. :)

I understand why you are going that way with yours.. Lowprofile tires on 20" wheels and a body that big would'nt look good I think. I really like the size you went with, I don't think there are many choices for a sidewall that big for a 19" wheel :)

That should fill up the back nicely. 305 on 11" rim should work out to about 12" bulge to bulge. Cool !

Got the new fuel filler cap from East Bay Muscle Cars!! Damn what a nice custom piece! This one are going to replace the original gas cap, this piece will be fastened to the body with the bolts on the back side of it. I might think that I will need to make the hole a little bigger where the old gas cap used to be. This is gonna look awesome together with the other mods on the rear :)

Tires are ordered and on it's way so I can get the wheels on to see how much I would need to do with the fender flares.

A guy in Finland will make me a third member for the 8" rearend so I can have that done too on my list. Then I can get all the suspension installed when it arrives!

image.jpeg

Back