Difference between 3 and 4 speed clutch and pedal brakets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
Is there any difference between a 3 speed and 4 speed clutch and pedal bracket assembly? I know there is a pedal difference between power and non power brakes.

I'm not 100% certain but I have never heard that there are differences between 3 and 4 speeds. You might contact "Mustang Steve". He does roller bearing conversions for standard shift Mustangs. If you get a certain answer please post the answer. Thanks, Chuck

Also anyone have any idea on the average value of a pedal assembly?

Also anyone have any idea on the average value of a pedal assembly?
Hard to say. I see them on eBay all the time for a $400 to $450 price, but it looks like they never sell.

I have a nice setup I'll sell for $300 plus shipping.

I have converted a few cars from auto trans to manual, and also swapped one from manual trans drum brake to manual trans power assist. What I have seen is that there are two differences:

1) the pedal support bracket itself differs where the steering column attaches. I am not sure what the break point was, but some have a bracket on the side and some don't.

2) the brake pedal is different based on power or non-power. The pin is lower on non-power cars to increase the pedal ratio.

I'm not 100% certain but I have never heard that there are differences between 3 and 4 speeds. You might contact "Mustang Steve". He does roller bearing conversions for standard shift Mustangs. If you get a certain answer please post the answer. Thanks, Chuck
Cool (and very useful) mod! Thanks Chuck (C9ZX)!

http://www.mustangsteve.com/clutchbearings.html

Ray

Back