engine coming out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Well I'm pulling the engine this weekend to drop off at the machine shop.

The owner has done alot of work for friends so I know he will give me good advise on how to rebuild. Then I will know whats under the hood. When I get it back, what color do most paint the block, intake and other bolt on parts. It came with chrome v/covers and open chrome air filter. Not looking for WoW but want more then stock.

It's too bad about your engine

but once you get it rebuilt you won't have to worry about it again. When I did mine I put a performer intake,slightly bigger cam, headers,600cfm carb. Made a big difference (351 2v) MB

block is usually ford blue and the rest is pretty much up to you here are a few different looks the first one is mine

2 last ones are mine out of the car

2008_0829engine0002.JPG

clevo1.jpg

post dyno 351C 005.jpg

2008_0825engine0028.JPG

2008_0825engine0027.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
originally the engine would of been all blue including the valve covers and intake, just the carb and exhaust headers would of been natural colored.

When you go through the engine do yourself a favor and degree the cam whether you re-use the existing one or replace it. When we went through mine we found the aftermarket RV cam the PO installed was WAY advanced with the new timing set. We installed the cam +2* and it degreed @ +11* - as a result we had to retard the cam 6* to get the +4* we were looking for.

if you are talking about my heads they are clone aluminum heads hahaha just kidding:D painted my 4v heads silver just thought it looked better

And when you take the engine out don't forget your digital camera,zip lock bags and a black marker. Sometimes memory just isn't good enough :idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet looking motor 72fastback!
thanks now if I could get it to run perfectly it would be nice hahaha {engine is not the problem. The guys who built it did a great job. It's my ignition system giving me headaches but I'm getting there}

Back