Floor Pan reinforcement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does a cross sectional view of the floor pan, directly under the driver's seat of a 73 Mach, exist. The two bolts attaching the seat brackets to the floor thread into a vertical portion of the pan but underneath this vertical portion of the pan is not visible. I am trying to better understand how this portion of the floor is constructed (two layers of sheet metal must be boxed for rigidity) as I plan a repair which is needed. I would just like to view how it is constructed not so much discuss what is to be repaired and how others would fix it. Thanks so much!

The seats bolt to the seat platform, which is welded to the floor pan, inner rocker and trans tunnel

The pan is a single layer of sheetmetal.
Are you disagreeing with Don's comment above or you did not see what he said?
I'm adding to his comment. The floor pan is a separate component from the seat riser, rocker and the floor support/ trans tunnel support.

The pan is a single layer of sheetmetal.
I'm adding to his comment. The floor pan is a separate component from the seat riser, rocker and the floor support/ trans tunnel support. 
Thanks for the response...so the seat platform is the same as the seat riser? So where is the floor support? This is why I am looking for a diagram/ pictures..

Thanks for the response...so the seat platform is the same as the seat riser? So where is the floor support? This is why I am looking for a diagram/ pictures..
Seat platform/seat riser - potato / potato

Lots of good under-car pics on this page, scroll down to "structure"

http://www.429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/components_4.htm

Floor support (10062) extends rearward under the floor(11135) from the frame rail (10218) /torque box(103A28) junction. Tunnel support(10692) is welded to that and is used as a mounting location for the transmission crossmember.

[/color]  

Seat platform/seat riser - potato / potato

Lots of good under-car pics on this page, scroll down to "structure"

http://www.429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/components_4.htm

Floor support (10062) extends rearward under the floor(11135) from the frame rail (10218) /torque box(103A28) junction. Tunnel support(10692) is welded to that and is used as a mounting location for the transmission crossmember.

[/color]  
Dennis, thank you, yet again for helping me to understand this assembly. A few of those pictures also helped. Does any literature name these specific part #'s called out in this diagram?... specifically the ones in and around the seat platform, that connect or reinforce the structure of the seat platform or are those the ones you've already listed...

Latest posts

Back