Fuel Pump

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hi,

Just wanted to get a better understanding of this. I am rebuilding my engine and replacing stuff. One item is the fuel pump. I was looking at the Procomp at 6 psi 150 GPH. I have a 1405 600 CFM Edelbrock at the moment. The stock pumps I believe run between 5.5 and 6 psi at 23 GPH. If the rating on the new one is larger does that effect anything or does it mean it has the potential to draw more fuel. Kind of confused. Basically will this set-up work is what I'm asking.

Thanks

D. Rolls

That is the maximum amount of fuel the pump will flow. The pressure is what will fill the fuel bowl. The carburetor will determine the volume of fuel consumed.
Thanks. That's what I needed.

unless you're running a 7 second beast, you'll never empty the fuel bowls in your 600 carb with a 6 psi electric pump. I had similar concerns with my carter gold. So I installed an electric holley fuel pressure gauge to keep an eye on it. Even doing the quarter it stayed on full pressure.

Whatever you do don't buy procomp stuff. It's all Chinese crap and customer service is a joke.

Back