Got the Marti

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy22kar

Reaction score
My Car
- Possible purchase
So nothing is working out as planned. Lol.  Of course it wouldn't.  Everyone that was supposed to help me get the car bailed on me.  So, I've made a scavenger hunt for the hubby to find the info on the car.  We will then go together on Wednesday to pick it up.

In the mean time, I just received the Marti.  Seems pretty basic car, but that's ok.  I wasn't looking for anything extraordinary. lol.

2F02F114290_dlxrpt.pdf

Attachments

• 2F02F114290_dlxrpt.pdf
    276.1 KB · Views: 63
Sounds like that will be fun.

A couple of things jump out at me on the Marti.

Yellow (my favorite color!)

Competition Suspension (Nice Option)

Export DSO (Means it was for sale outside the US) Pretty cool if it could be tracked down as to where.

Oooh - Sports wheel covers.  Awesome sauce!

If it was just yellow, no Ram-Air, no stripes, no spoilers, and had a Ginger interior, it would've been the exact car I fell in love with when I was 14 back in 1981.

What are the plans?  Cool wheels, stripes, spoilers, Ram-Air, etc. (like everybody else does), or put it back to original appearance with performance goodies, or all stock, or what?

Sucks that all your car guys bailed on you - I'll put down money that says they show up once you get it home with all sorts of 'great advice' on how you should proceed with the project.  Would they at least let you borrow their truck/trailer to go get it?  If not, do you have a 3/4 or 1-ton truck? (or know someone who could loan one or do the driving?)  Take it there, rent a U-Haul trailer and bring it home.  I have a 2012 1500 Ram (had a '97 1500 Ram 4x4 before it) and have towed mine on a few occasion on a U-Haul trailer behind both of them without any issues at all.  Of course, that was stop-n-go small-town traffic for only 15 miles one-way per trip, so having a 3/4 or 1-ton truck would be better since they're made for towing loads like boats, campers, cars on trailers, etc.  Heck, even a 1/2-ton truck with a tow-package could do it, as long as you took your time and stopped frequently to allow the truck to "rest," as it were.

Good luck with it!

Oooh - Sports wheel covers.  Awesome sauce!

If it was just yellow, no Ram-Air, no stripes, no spoilers, and had a Ginger interior, it would've been the exact car I fell in love with when I was 14 back in 1981.

What are the plans?  Cool wheels, stripes, spoilers, Ram-Air, etc. (like everybody else does), or put it back to original appearance with performance goodies, or all stock, or what?

Sucks that all your car guys bailed on you - I'll put down money that says they show up once you get it home with all sorts of 'great advice' on how you should proceed with the project.  Would they at least let you borrow their truck/trailer to go get it?  If not, do you have a 3/4 or 1-ton truck? (or know someone who could loan one or do the driving?)  Take it there, rent a U-Haul trailer and bring it home.  I have a 2012 1500 Ram (had a '97 1500 Ram 4x4 before it) and have towed mine on a few occasion on a U-Haul trailer behind both of them without any issues at all.  Of course, that was stop-n-go small-town traffic for only 15 miles one-way per trip, so having a 3/4 or 1-ton truck would be better since they're made for towing loads like boats, campers, cars on trailers, etc.  Heck, even a 1/2-ton truck with a tow-package could do it, as long as you took your time and stopped frequently to allow the truck to "rest," as it were.

Good luck with it!
The diesel ford excursion that hauls outlr 30 foot camper will be bringing her home. :) no plan yer. We will see what we get into once she gets home.

The diesel ford excursion that hauls outlr 30 foot camper will be bringing her home. :) no plan yer. We will see what we get into once she gets home.
Nice!  You're all set then.  I'll still put some money down on the race car guys showing up after you get it home with all sorts of advice on how to build it the way they'd want it. ;)

Ok. How bad are floor pans to do? We gave hubby clues that led him to pictures and the marti. So he called the guy and he said it needs new floors... he has a call in to his body shop friend.

They're not that bad.  If you have access to a drive-on lift, that can help.  If not, leave it on its wheels (which is how it naturally sits) or put it on jack stands (under the rear axle and front suspension if possible) for more under-car clearance.  Give yourself enough space on either side to open the doors fully (park in the middle of an empty 2-car garage if possible).

You'll want to remove the following items:

• interior trim panels (quarter trim panels, kick panels, door panels as well)
  • center console
  • seats (front and back)
  • seat belts
  • carpet & underlay
  • steering wheel (and column if it's in your way)
  • anything else close the affected work areas

and cover the following (to prevent damage from flying sparks and stuff)

• glass
  • headliner/sail panels
  • dashboard
  • again, anything plastic, vinyl, etc., that's inside

Unhook the emergency brake cables and let them drop out of the way.

After that, cut out the offending areas, might have to carefully remove the seat platforms as well if they're affected.  Cut the floor pans to fit the removed areas, clean-up and treat the insides of the frame rails if they're exposed, and weld in the new floor pans (patches or complete pans, depending on how much needs repaired).  Re-install the seat platforms (or get new ones if they're bad as well).  Drill new holes for things like seat belt anchors and console mounting holes (if you put new sheet metal in those areas).  Treat the new sheet metal with something like Rust Bullet (epoxy primer) and install sound deadener of your choice if you like (like Dynamat, RAAMat, Lizard Skin, etc.), then put everything back in (carpet underlay, carpet, etc., getting new stuff if you need it).  Reconnect all the things like the e-brake cables, steering column, etc., along the way.

Take your time, take lots of pictures along the way (so you can refer back to them when it's time to realign things), check out reference photos, videos, and threads (there are many of each here) and you should be fine.

It's not horrible, but seems like a lot when you start because of how many things are affected.

If missed anything, I'm sure someone else will chime in with more advice.  That's how we roll here. ;) ::thumb::

Latest posts

Back