Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 4 lead joints for the roof dugout this evening and refilled.
2s637z8.jpg
33w5wqt.jpg
r7kwoz.jpg

What did you use for filler between the roof and the quarter?

Chris

Thanks guys!i used a fiberglass based filler called Fiberall. It does great and doesnt shrink bad.I just dont trust going back over lead joints.ive seen way too many restored cars shrink in those areas over time.

Thanks guys!i used a fiberglass based filler called Fiberall. It does great and doesnt shrink bad.I just dont trust going back over lead joints.ive seen way too many restored cars shrink in those areas over time.
Great stuff..NICE WORK ..It's what I use too..One thing I will add..The qtr to roof joint & the pillar to roof joint are known bad spots on these cars..If you have the lead out you should weld the entire seam shut I have a vid on how I did mine.

A friend and I have been trading out some mechanic/body work and hes completed going through my toploader.i got it painted tonight along with clearing my fuel tank.
161xchs.jpg

LOL^the others are for a 59 impala and a 68 fastback. Anyways about got the transmission tied up today, just have to order the clutch. Also got some filler work done on the passenger quarter tonight.
28le2km.jpg
wtzyqh.jpg
epkmlv.jpg

Got the tires mounted on my fr500s today. Very satisfied with the fit just disappointed in the color difference from the front 17s and the rear 18s. They must of been painted in different plants because the shade of grey (anthracite) is off by a mile. I can base/clear them to match the rear its just frustrating to do so after buying brand new wheels, just a heads up from buying from american muscle.
1z3tpbb.jpg
2wojgut.jpg
24bix3m.jpg
2hqa3yc.jpg

Nice wheel choice. I also like the beautiful shiny parts. When is it going to paint?

Ive got a few more months of filler work and priming. Hoping to paint it by sometime in February

Thanks guys! I really think they're gonna look good once I get the ride height where I want it

Back