Grande GT?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikes5ate

Reaction score
My Car
1973 ford mustang grande 351 CID 5.8L Cleveland
Hello everyone! As you know I have a 73’ grande C4 351cid 2BBL and I was at a car meet today and this guy was checking out my car and said I have a GT tranny and that I have a grande GT which is worth a lot also he said my owners manual which is white not yellow and in perfect condition is worth $5,000… he said something about my rear diff having track lok and saying it had POSITIVE TRACTION , but when it was jacked up I determined it didn’t have positive traction. Let me know! Vin is 3F04H128024

Hello everyone! As you know I have a 73’ grande C4 351cid 2BBL and I was at a car meet today and this guy was checking out my car and said I have a GT tranny and that I have a grande GT which is worth a lot also he said my owners manual which is white not yellow and in perfect condition is worth $5,000… he said something about my rear diff having track lok and saying it had POSITIVE TRACTION , but when it was jacked up I determined it didn’t have positive traction. Let me know! Vin is 3F04H128024
Buy a Marti report and you will get your answer. Never heard of a Grande GT .

No "GT" Mustang after '69, until 1982. The Mexican built Mustangs had a GT351, but your VIN is a USA built car, so that's out.

Like jscott said, there's always these "experts" that show up at car shows that know nothing about anything, and seem to get enjoyment by fabricating weird stories. Another favorite is "I had one EXACTLY like this" - then you find out it was really a 4 door 75 Dart with a slant six. Be kind, but develop a strategy to escape these clowns. Cell phones are handy, when my BS meter starts maxing out, I "receive" a call that I just have to take.

The data tag on the driver's door will tell you the equipment your car was built with. A deluxe Marti Report will tell you the options that were ordered, the dealer, dates and other pertinent information.

Last edited:
I truly appreciate it when folks want to talk about cars, either in general or specifically Mustangs and/or Shelbys. I even have to restrain myself when some Car Show Experts come up to me with one or more of our pony cars and begin to tell me things I know to be inaccurate. Depending on the attitude I may at times do a correction spin and let them know what is really going on. Other times I feel it is easier to let them ramble on. No harm is done in the end, and sometimes it is better to just let a braggart move on. I never knew of a Grande GT model Mustang, ever.

Whether your car (and manual) are worth more now than before ought not be here or their, unless you intend to flip them for profit, which can be a difficult game if repairs and restoration are done correctly..

Latest posts

Back