Ideas Where To Buy Engine Block?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the motor on the 71-73 Facebook group???  People even commented "someone" was looking for a Sept block !!    In western Wisc too !!   Close, cheap right date code !!!!!!!

Mark
yes i paid him $300 to hold it til I go get it around 2 weeks
Where in Wisconsin?

Did you see the motor on the 71-73 Facebook group???  People even commented "someone" was looking for a Sept block !!    In western Wisc too !!   Close, cheap right date code !!!!!!!

Mark
Where in Wisconsin?

54169 - Sherwood?  Looks to be about 2hrs from you Tony.

Mark
Where in Wisconsin?
sherwood WI i believe

Does anyone know a service that would ship the engine I bought from Sherwood, WI to Cleveland, OH? I would rather not drive the 16 hours round trip but I have to I will.

The best way I think is to use Fastenal stores. They can ship freight store-to-store. If the person you bought it from can bring the engine to a Fastenal, for about $100 they will ship it to a fastenal near you. I have done that in the past. There are two Fastenal stores near Sherwood, WI.

I would go and pick it up, myself...

Look how long you've been looking!

Agree with midlife

I think you would want to look it over, turn the crank

Also any shipping co you use will deny any damage claim as it is a used part.

The only safe way to ship it would be mount it on a pallet and build a wooden frame around it

You could even rent a small hatch back for a couple of days, if you don't want to drive the Jeep

Make sure you you take a tire and some 4 x 4 s

I'd drive as well. You could rent a pickup from Enterprise for $100 or so for a couple days. Throw a tire in the back and set some good straps. Food, beverages, a good friend and off ya go.

It's part of the adventure, done it many times. It's be a treat with the current situation and minimal traffic.

Just be sure to put the engine against the front of the bed and strap it in place. You don't want 500lbs of iron coming your way from the tailgate in an emergency stop situation.

Yeah I figure I'll have to drive since gas is $0.94 a gallon here

Yes thanks to hemikiller letting me know of one on facebook, I got it decently cheap and I'll be checking everything this week. The original spark plugs are there still. Its claimed to have 30k miles on it but you never can be sure. So far it looks better than the "restored" engine the builders did for the previous owner. Its got all the parts it came off the assembly plant with including the water pump. Very exciting

Yes thanks to hemikiller letting me know of one on facebook, I got it decently cheap and I'll be checking everything this week. The original spark plugs are there still. Its claimed to have 30k miles on it but you never can be sure. So far it looks better than the "restored" engine the builders did for the previous owner. Its got all the parts it came off the assembly plant with including the water pump. Very exciting
Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

Mark
Glad you listened to all here.....were patient AND got this now. Better than "trying to piece" a motor together IMO You said you have an R code so hopefully the rest of the parts you have are correct. Never told us about your heads.

Mark

Back