Interesting Forum Observation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got home from work today, there was a box from CJ Pony Parts waiting for me. Did I order something and forget that I ordered it? Opened it up and found an AWESOME Mustang fleece shirt. Now my mind is reeling. Did I enter something and win this shirt? Are the folks at CJ Pony Parts buttering me up so I'll buy my transmission from them? What The Heck??? I dug a little deeper in the box and found the packing slip. Turns out, Jim (sdstang) sent it to me! I gave him some parts last month and wouldn't take any money for them. This was his way of getting even with me! LOL!!! Thanks, Jim! You really shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did! I LOVE IT!!!

-Travis

shirt.jpg

That's very cool

I know for myself that the struggle through the restoration process has been allot more enjoyable with the help all the guys on this forum.

Help, advise, how to, lots of inspiration when you loose your mojo, lots of what not to do, it's all here.

What a great forum.

That's very cool

I know for myself that the struggle through the restoration process has been allot more enjoyable with the help all the guys on this forum.

Help, advise, how to, lots of inspiration when you loose your mojo, lots of what not to do, it's all here.

What a great forum.
+1000

Well, I don't know if you should generalize that. Maybe it's just because Jim's a cool guy? :)

I know a few Mustang people that make me cross the street when I see them in front of me.

But I have to admit that they are not on this forum. :)

That's very cool

What a great forum.
Agreed with Doc! +1000

Cool Travis! That might not be your size so ship it on home to Oklahoma!!!

:)

LOL....it had to be a gift.... a Mustang supplier NEVER gives free cool stuff.
Hmmm. Maybe so - but I have received some great advice/help from Mustang Suppliers; before, during and after purchases.

Don at Ohio Mustang Supply and Mike at Motorcity Mustang =

THE BEST.

Ray

Like many of you here, I am a member of several different forums about a variety of topics: I am on several classic car sites, a couple motorcycle sites, a scuba forum, even a forum dedicated to nothing but "Starsky & Hutch" and the iconic Torino. Amd some others too.

But....of all the forums I visit, I like this place the best. There are many great people who often post great things with very useful info for everyone. I learn new and interesting stuff here all time.

I especially like that a few of you are a little fiesty sometimes...not afraid to mix it up and express an honest opinion...without taking it personally or letting things degenerate into nasty name-calling and such.

Rock on with your bad selves!

( sorry, I was listening to "70s on 7" on Sirius when I wrote this, and "Rock the Boat" was playing.

I totally agree, out of all of the forums I belong to, this is my hang out, I'm on here 6-10 times a day, and I use Taptalk for the phone so I'm always connected to the site :D

I might visit the others once a month or every other month, or less!!

Thanks Kit,

Great to hear your positive feedback on the forum, and i think it's interesting you find this one hits the spot for you the most. Probably not surprising though.

There's a lot of good strong knowledge and advice here, and good fun to be had as well. I enjoy the strong opinions too.The forum is very well run and controlled, so there's no abuse or filth to spoil the whole experience. I also enjoy your posts too, which are very informative, well written, interesting, and entertaining in the bargain. This forum is the only one i'm involved with as such.

It's all the member's great contributions collectively, that make it what it is. Thank you also to Barry and the team! Here's to the forum's ongoing success then.::beer::

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm addicted to this site and I don't even have a 123 Mustang!

I joined primarily to grow my business restoring wiring harnesses as the 123 crowd should need it more than the other years as very little is reproduced. Yet, the demand for my services was almost nil. Business has expanded a bit, but still short of expectations.

Anyway, I started reading some of the threads, and found some amazing skills out there, as well as some characters and a fair bit of humor. There's more activity in this forum than the others I frequent (I don't read VMF anymore), and I enjoy the time spent reading, conversing and maybe adding some humor along with advice.

Carry on...nothing more to see here...move along...

Well, the fact alone that this is the only forum which I grace with my presence makes this a great one. ;)

No, what is special is the absence of know it alls and jerks (although I sometimes try to be one and simply enjoy it). I am on two other forums (guitar related) and I used to be on one German Mustang forum. The guitar forums are ok but you have a bunch of guys that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground and you have the wannabe experts that claim to know everything.

Hardly anyone is riding on the middle of the road there.

The German Mustang forum is an "ex" for me because of two things: Mismanagement and jerks. They decided in order to thin the herd that users would have to pay an annual fee of 15€ (about 19 USD) in order to use the forum in its integrity. As a non paying member you may not post for sale ads or (and that's the worst part) send any PMs. (Ok, try getting in touch with a poor guy who paid his fees and posted something for sale you want to buy if you can't send PMs!) :)

If you sign up to those conditions, that's one thing but if you have been a member for years and suddenly you get those rights revoked that sucks, especially as from one day to the next you could not access your private messages anymore.

Now, I had lots of important info in there that I got cut off off from one day to the next. Just like here where I got several members' private numbers or addresses or links to companies.

That was bad enough but then one guy asked if he should upgrade to a 3 row radiator because he had issues with overheating and the picture showed he had no fan shroud. So I posted that he should get a fan shroud first and that it would probably help by forcing the air through the radiator instead of simply swirling it all over the place and if that did not help he could still upgrade the radiator.

The next reply was my quoted text with the comment "What bullshit!", nothing more. I never logged in again after that.

Screw them and their kindergarten forum.

Ok, rant over but the point I wanted to make is that here you get good advice and if people disagree they bother to explain why. If they still don't agree after that they agree to disagree which is very cool.

And there is a special kind of humor on this site.

I think it may be because we tend to get shunned on most Mustang related forums and this is like a retreat where everyone enjoys the company of their peers.

Did I mention there is an amazing lack of jerks here..... :)

I really enjoy coming to this forum. I am on here several times EVERY day. I may not post something everyday, but I keep up with the reading lol! I belong to several other forums and this is hands down the best group of guys. This forums also gets a lot of traffic. Seems like there new posts every couple minutes. And that's great. Another great forum im on is mach1club.com. I know a lot of guys on here are on there also, but they are also another very good forum. Im also a member of a Polaris forum called GEN3usa.com. Same type of atmosphere there. Good guys that are knowledgeable and don't get into the name calling childish crap. Anyways good job everyone and look forward to many more years on here!!!!!!

Back