Just couldn't pass it up(picture heavy)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detector

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q Code
1995 GT Convertible
I have been kicking around the idea of buying another one of those shed mustangs for over a month now, but I just couldn't pass this one up. It was the one that drew me to them in the first place but ended up buying the 64 1/2 convertible. I kept going back and taking pictures, decoding the data plate, and finally said I'll take it.

It is a 1966 coupe C code with the original 289 and C4. The motor looks to have been overhauled very recently. The engine is covered with years of dust, because of no hood, but looks very clean under the dust and the gaskets look new. My clue was a picture taken under the car to check the pans and saw the oil pan looked brand new. It is grey primer now but originally a P code Antique Bronze with D9 Parchment with Palomino trim interior. I've looked at several similarly optioned cars and like what I see.

They called it a "parts car" because the front grille, headlight bezels and extensions are missing, but I found most of it in the trunk. What I really liked was practaclly no rust at all. Quarters, pans, frame rails trunk all look to be solid and the body is very straight. I just got it home last night and havent had time to look it over compltely yet. I haven't even washed the years of dust of. I'll do all that tonight after work.

Here is some picture i got.

66coupe4.jpg

66coupe5.jpg

66coupe6.jpg

66coupe8.jpg

66coupe9.jpg

66coupe16.jpg

66coupe11.jpg

66coupe1-5.jpg

66coupe1-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great project!

Sweet! I wish I could find something like that.

Unfortunately such cars can never get a registration here, as you need a sales contract from the last official owner. Last owner means the one that's on the title.

Anyway, you don't find any in barns here in Europe.

Congrats on that find!!

Congrats!!!... i had 2 1st generation stangs and they are pretty godlooking cars!!!... I hope you can manage to restore it like she deserves! :)

is this mean i can go there and get the 67 fastback!? :p... I WISH!! jejej

Terry, That'll make a good looking coupe with that color combo. It's a good canvas to begin with! Good find...but you're pretty good at finding lost treasure. :)

Im looking forward for the successful restoration! Best luck to that project of yours!

Im looking forward for the successful restoration! Best luck to that project of yours!
Good point! Just because it isn't a 71-73 does not mean you shouldn't do build thread for the car. I personally like the early stangs too. ;)

Only had time last night to hose off the years of dust but I was very happy to see a very clean engine under all that dust. All I did was rinse it off with water and the engine looks fresh. Looking at the gaskets it looks as if it has been rebuilt? very recently.

66coupeeng1.jpg

66coupeeng3.jpg

Good point! Just because it isn't a 71-73 does not mean you shouldn't do build thread for the car. I personally like the early stangs too. ;)
X2 on that! :) i love them all!!

Got my donor 66 home tonight. It is a T code someone was converting to a V8. It has a 289 in it and the front wheels are 5 lug while the rear are still 4 lug. I'm using the hood, grille and headlight extension parts and bumpers.

66donor1.jpg

66donor2.jpg

66donor3.jpg

I have been kicking around the idea of buying another one of those shed mustangs for over a month now, but I just couldn't pass this one up. It was the one that drew me to them in the first place but ended up buying the 64 1/2 convertible. I kept going back and taking pictures, decoding the data plate, and finally said I'll take it.

It is a 1966 coupe C code with the original 289 and C4. The motor looks to have been overhauled very recently. The engine is covered with years of dust, because of no hood, but looks very clean under the dust and the gaskets look new. My clue was a picture taken under the car to check the pans and saw the oil pan looked brand new. It is grey primer now but originally a P code Antique Bronze with D9 Parchment with Palomino trim interior. I've looked at several similarly optioned cars and like what I see.

They called it a "parts car" because the front grille, headlight bezels and extensions are missing, but I found most of it in the trunk. What I really liked was practaclly no rust at all. Quarters, pans, frame rails trunk all look to be solid and the body is very straight. I just got it home last night and havent had time to look it over compltely yet. I haven't even washed the years of dust of. I'll do all that tonight after work.

Here is some picture i got.

66coupe4.jpg

66coupe5.jpg

66coupe6.jpg

66coupe8.jpg

66coupe9.jpg

66coupe16.jpg

66coupe11.jpg

66coupe1-5.jpg

66coupe1-3.jpg
hell, ill take that nice trailer off of your hands!!!

Latest posts

Back