Kick panels and seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashbrazil

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Sprint, 2V
Anyone ever used these or know anything about them?

http://www.mustangpartshouse.com/audio-parts/kick-panel-sound.html

The P.O. cut speakers into the door panels which I left out when I replaced the door panels because I didn't like the look of them down there. Thinking about installing these kick panels and hooking them up with the wiring instead to keep the sound and hide the speakers a little.

Also my seats are ripped and worn out, I've heard of people taking the newer GT seats out and installing them. I won't lie, the thought of being able to RECLINE on long drives is amazing! Has anybody transplanted later-year power seats into their stang? Or know of anywhere I could pick some up :D

I put these very same kick panels in to fit my speakers. 2 problems, first the e-brake as you mentioned, but I just put a spacer in the ebrake linkage and bent it a tad. Haven't had any problems. Problem 2 is that if you are using standard speakers, they are too deep to fit, so you'll have to cut 2ish inches into that metal channel behind the kick panel. (Unless you buy the custom speakers meant to fit the panels). If you'd like I can post pics of the final product in mine.

Back