Lakewood Bellhousing info...FYI

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I was getting ready to order my Lakewood Bellhousing P/N 15200 and I was looking at the pics that EBSTANG posted and noticed he still had a spacer on the bell. I contacted Jeff at Moderndriveline about which spacer I needed. He informed me that the Lakewood Bell I was going for was the wrong one. He said he just had a conversation with a friend of his from Lakewood/Holley/Quicktime...and he said the P/N I want is in fact 15203. The difference is about .5" longer on the 15203. Stating I wouldn't need a spacer with this bell. I'm wondering if I'd have to do less mods to the rest of my linkages and clutch fork vs what Eric did? I guess we'll find out. I was still going to put a call in before placing my order but it seemed Modern knows what they are talking about. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they were thinking of adding a steel bell. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm still waiting on a friend of mine to help me install my TKO along with a bunch of other goodies. Should be sometime the end of this month.

Good info

I'm running a Lakewood 15200 and I had to make a spacer for the clutch pivot mount and do a tiny bit of grinding inside to clearance for the 11" Flywheel. It will work, but if there is one that fits without the extra effort, that is the one to use! (unless you can buy one cheap and make it work . . . . ;) )

Back