LED headlight question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, if someone has taken the time to install a new product on their car and they're not asking for opinions of whether people like them or not, I don't really understand why some people would take the time to explain why they don't like that kind of product. I was always taught that if you've got nothing good to say then keep it shut...just my opinion.

Ya know, if someone has taken the time to install a new product on their car and they're not asking for opinions of whether people like them or not, I don't really understand why some people would take the time to explain why they don't like that kind of product. I was always taught that if you've got nothing good to say then keep it shut...just my opinion.
+1!!!!!!!

Well, my opinion is that if either of you valued reading comprehension above the basic need to find a way of twisting something I've said into something negative to nit-pick, you would realize that I actually complimented his choice of LED lights.  My comment of 'junk,' was referring to a cheap set of ebay JDM driving lights I mistakenly purchased years ago for my Honda Civic - which sucked, BTW. 

I think it might be time to try a new strategy: either grow, or shut, TF up.

Why is it when someone calls you out on your comments you get all bent out of shape? Maybe you should "either grow, or shut, TF up" In your words of course. ;)

Why is it when someone calls you out on your comments you get all bent out of shape? Maybe you should "either grow, or shut, TF up" In your words of course. ;)
I only push back when there's a trend for certain individuals calling things out when there's nothing to call out.  There's a history with certain individuals, I've said nothing wrong, and I'm not bent out of shape... but, I'm also not rolling over, either.  You've decided to jump on that band-wagon because we had a disagreement a few weeks back (which neither of us were anywhere close to the actual issue, BTW) and you got all butt-hurt about it when I asked for us to move past the tension.  So, pile on if you like.

This is an internet forum.  People have opinions, as well as people have different writing styles that don't always translate across the same for everybody.  Nobody's opinions are any less valuable than the next guy's.  Without people sharing those opinions, there wouldn't be much content to read.  Don't like someone's opinion, fine.  If they don't happen to like yours, so be it - usually, people are going to just ignore it and move on.  If someone doesn't like someone else's opinion enough to take a swipe at them, well... they can usually expect the same in return.  If/when it gets ugly, the moderators will step in and all parties involved will get warnings... over what?!  Someone's misinterpretation of a comment because they don't 'like someone' (or writing style, more like).

If there's an actual problem, let's resolve it (PM me if you like... I'm not going anywhere).  If not, quit playing these stupid games.

+1!!!!!!!

Well, my opinion is that if either of you valued reading comprehension above the basic need to find a way of twisting something I've said into something negative to nit-pick, you would realize that I actually complimented his choice of LED lights.  My comment of 'junk,' was referring to a cheap set of ebay JDM driving lights I mistakenly purchased years ago for my Honda Civic - which sucked, BTW. 

Eric, (Mister 4x4) I've told you before, I don't dislike you.  I truly believe you never mean to be an ass, you just are. I would suggest that prior to clicking on that "post reply" button you should ask yourself one question…"will this post make the person feel good about him/herself and/or their decisions they've made regarding projects they've done on their car. If the answer is "no" or "I'm not sure" then you should reconsider giving your opinion. When someone does something to their car and posts it up, they're not looking for others to tell them why they don't like it. We should encourage others or keep our opinions to ourselves (especially when they're not asking for your opinion) When you give your unsolicited "Nancy-negative-opinion" and then wrap it up with, "However, I kinda like they way those look..."   You remind me of Rodney in Caddyshack…"you buy a hat (LED's, Magnum 500 Stealth Rims, etc) like this, I bet you get a free bowl of soup…Ohhh, but it looks good on you!" Some people never cease to amaze…

I believe you offend people with your...I'll use your words..."writing style." I have noticed how people respond to your "writing style." Noticing how others feel is called empathy. You speak of my trend in calling you out. My trend would not exist without yours. I do believe blaming your perceived negativism on your "writing style" is actually deflection. This is a way of separating yourself from accountability for your actions. Maybe you should talk to someone about this. I'd imagine I am not the only one who has noticed this about you. 

You are a huge contributor to this site and are of great value to it. It is a shame because you could be so much more. Just ask yourself that question I mentioned at the beginning of my reply...BEFORE clicking on "post reply."

+1!!!!!!!

Eric, (Mister 4x4) I've told you before, I don't dislike you.  I truly believe you never mean to be an ass, you just are. I would suggest that prior to clicking on that "post reply" button you should ask yourself one question…"will this post make the person feel good about him/herself and/or their decisions they've made regarding projects they've done on their car. If the answer is "no" or "I'm not sure" then you should reconsider giving your opinion. When someone does something to their car and posts it up, they're not looking for others to tell them why they don't like it. We should encourage others or keep our opinions to ourselves (especially when they're not asking for your opinion) When you give your unsolicited "Nancy-negative-opinion" and then wrap it up with, "However, I kinda like they way those look..."   You remind me of Rodney in Caddyshack…"you buy a hat (LED's, Magnum 500 Stealth Rims, etc) like this, I bet you get a free bowl of soup…Ohhh, but it looks good on you!" Some people never cease to amaze…

I believe you offend people with your...I'll use your words..."writing style." I have noticed how people respond to your "writing style." Noticing how others feel is called empathy. You speak of my trend in calling you out. My trend would not exist without yours. I do believe blaming your perceived negativism on your "writing style" is actually deflection. This is a way of separating yourself from accountability for your actions. Maybe you should talk to someone about this. I'd imagine I am not the only one who has noticed this about you. 

You are a huge contributor to this site and are of great value to it. It is a shame because you could be so much more. Just ask yourself that question I mentioned at the beginning of my reply...BEFORE clicking on "post reply."
Hey.......My name is Rodney :-(   

Guys you both contribute a bunch to folks, in need, on this sight. Please Stop this bickering. I value both of your opinions but feel Im loosing some of that high respect I have of you guys.

I didnt have to say anything, easier to just shut the screen off. But it is important to me and others that this stops. There must be neutral ground here somewhere?  For some folks the world is being totally unfair to them right now. The ability to have this forum as a retreat from the madness of the world is precious to most of us 71-73 lovers.

Thanks for at least considering my thoughts.

opinion,[/b] of course.  At the end of the day, it's all about being able to see at night, and I'm guessing the newer systems do a great job of lighting up the road and pissing off oncoming traffic (aside from the absolute ebay junk - lots of 'JDM' stuff out there falls into that category).
However, I kinda like the way those look.  They look stockish for the most part, and the LED isn't overstated, like some of the others out there.

Too bad CJPP is so proud of 'em. QUOTE]
Wow, just read this thread and had to go back to re-read several times, maybe I missed something  but to me I came  away with this:

"I like to keep classic cars looking how they were when made, many modern lights are not my style but the lights in question actually look good".  And I agree they do look good, hope no one is offended by me saying they look good, I may even consider them for my car as I live in the mountains and it is DARK up here.

Last edited by a moderator:

+1!!!!!!!

OK - advice taken.  I took stock of my reply and immediately thought, "Wow.  Who's being the ass now?"  I came to the conclusion that it's not just me and clicked the button anyway.

So, you're calling me an ass and saying I need professional help simply because you don't like what I had to say.  Well, I have some news for ya - I'm not obligated to run my comments through anybody... least of all someone who apparently still struggles with reading comprehension.

My comments to both the Magnum 500 Stealth wheels and LED lights (since you mentioned them specifically) were intentionally set in such a manner as to let the person know how much of an impact their decision has made on my way of thinking.  Yes, I said I wasn't a fan of this or that, but I followed it up with "but I like how it turned out in your case."  That's a compliment.  Not a back-handed one, either.  That's also not negativity.  That's taking something I traditionally view as being negative, and expressing it in a positive.  That's telling the guy that he's had an impact on how I look at things and will most likely view them going forward.  How is that a bad thing, again?  I'll tell you: because we tend to associate specific things with individuals and have predisposed notions of how things will go from those points forward.  You had issues with my comments awhile back thinking that I believe everybody should have a hot rod if they want them, when I was trying to point out that over-inflating the value of everything is bad for the hobby.  We flung lots of words at each other, and neither one has changed each others' minds on that one (I'd wager).  The point is following that exchange, you are now programmed with your predisposed notion to take anything I might say out of context, looking for whatever shred of negativity you can conjure up, and using that as justification to call me out as being negative.  That, is human nature, everybody does it, and don't worry - it's probably not your fault.  You should maybe seek out whomever you think I need to talk to if it bugs you that much.

I'm not going to start filtering my comments because one or two people whom I've had dust-ups in the past seem to have issues with what I have to say - there are over 7400 members here, after all.  Much like COVID-19 and given those odds, I rather like my chances of survival.  My invitation is open to all: if I'm such an offensive ass in my comments, please let me know - start a new thread in the VIP section or something, or PM me directly if you like.  Aside from a handful of those who've had disagreements in the past, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a short list.

At the end of the day, this is an internet forum.  A little bit of negativity is to be expected along with all of the other good stuff with so many different perspectives.  Opinions are what they are, and always welcome.  Even when you're calling me an ass.   rofl

Guys you both contribute a bunch to folks, in need, on this sight. Please Stop this bickering. I value both of your opinions but feel Im loosing some of that high respect I have of you guys.

I didnt have to say anything, easier to just shut the screen off. But it is important to me and others that this stops. There must be neutral ground here somewhere?  For some folks the world is being totally unfair to them right now. The ability to have this forum as a retreat from the madness of the world is precious to most of us 71-73 lovers.

opinion,[/b] of course.  At the end of the day, it's all about being able to see at night, and I'm guessing the newer systems do a great job of lighting up the road and pissing off oncoming traffic (aside from the absolute ebay junk - lots of 'JDM' stuff out there falls into that category).
However, I kinda like the way those look.  They look stockish for the most part, and the LED isn't overstated, like some of the others out there.

Wow, just read this thread and had to go back to re-read several times, maybe I missed something  but to me I came  away with this:

"I like to keep classic cars looking how they were when made, many modern lights are not my style but the lights in question actually look good".  And I agree they do look good, hope no one is offended by me saying they look good, I may even consider them for my car as I live in the mountains and it is DARK up here.

Sorry guys - I started my reply before seeing your comments.  Apologies for the bickering and apparent thread-jacking, but I'll only claim partial responsibility in this one, as I was not the one who chose to take it in this direction.  I would invite the moderators to take appropriate action as needed, because if I were to do so, it would then be viewed as an integrity issue... and it's apparent my moral compass couldn't handle such a strain.   :whistling:

Sorry guys - I started my reply before seeing your comments.  Apologies for the bickering and apparent thread-jacking, but I'll only claim partial responsibility in this one, as I was not the one who chose to take it in this direction.  I would invite the moderators to take appropriate action as needed, because if I were to do so, it would then be viewed as an integrity issue... and it's apparent my moral compass couldn't handle such a strain.   :whistling:
We're good. My first reply was about being more positive, that's all really. But then you told me to "shut TF up."  Where I'm from that's when you woulda got punched in the mouth. Just be kind and we'll all be good. I don't think you're mental, just a slightly negative ass but I can be an ass too. I still love ya. And as for the rest of you, you gotta admit it was a little entertaining.  ::thumb::

We're good. My first reply was about being more positive, that's all really. But then you told me to "shut TF up."  Where I'm from that's when you woulda got punched in the mouth. Just be kind and we'll all be good. I don't think you're mental, just a slightly negative ass but I can be an ass too. I still love ya. And as for the rest of you, you gotta admit it was a little entertaining.  ::thumb::
I'll admit to the fact that I can be an ass, but I am not anywhere nearly as negative as you think - and never intend to be hurtful with any of it.  My retort to your reply came straight out of 'tired of being called out for negativity when there was none there.'

If you're good, I'm good.  Life's too short to get wrapped too tightly around these kinds of axles.

I'll admit to the fact that I can be an ass, but I am not anywhere nearly as negative as you think - and never intend to be hurtful with any of it.  My retort to your reply came straight out of 'tired of being called out for negativity when there was none there.'

If you're good, I'm good.  Life's too short to get wrapped too tightly around these kinds of axles.

:poke:   :atomic:    ::beer::       :heart:

wow. I hadn't checked this thread in a few days...it sure went sideways. I've listed cars on BaT, so I'm used to all kinds of comments...

I haven't drive the car yet at night, but I expect the lights to be good. in the past, I've spent 3x on LED headlights, so these inexpensive ones off Ebay are an experiment.

at least my new wiper blades worked....for 10 seconds until they stopped working. I think the new rubber increased drag, which blew a fuse, or the motor, or a relay...I have no idea. driving in the rain was ok above 45mph because I had Rainex on the windshield and the wind blew the beads away. slower speeds I could not see anything.

Run a ground wire to the body of the wiper motor. Thats what happened to mine. Its a cheap check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back