• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

locating 71-73 power steering center link

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe. 302 2V - C4 trans
I'm having trouble locating a steering center link (power steering) for a 71. Several sites have it on their website, but not in stock (eg. CJ pony). N/A at Ohio mustang, Laurel Mtn has it, but out of stock and no idea when they'll get one.

Another think is prices are all over the map. I have one in queue at Laurel mtn for $40 but no idea when I'll get it. Johns mustang in Houston want's $300 for one, with a $150 core charge! Crazy numbers!

Seems like an item that has constrained supply. Or maybe I am just not looking in the right places. Seems to me I oughta be able to get the part in the $50 -$75 range.

Anyone have any ideas where?

Thanks!

pm sent I got one

Yeah Don C, seems crazy they have a $185 core charge? it's just a forged piece of metal? Nothing really refurbish-able that I can see. I guess a core charge might bring in some useful parts that are out there. So, it seems that manufacturers of this part are not in production now or it's really constrained.

I have one too if you can't find one

Last edited by a moderator:
Back