LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND IN MY BACKYARD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you took my advice! :p

Great find! Let me know if you need any misc small parts. I gutted a 73 & Robert gutted the guts. I'm going to do the same to another one so lots of one time extra parts we've got on our hands.

Great find! Let me know if you need any misc small parts. I gutted a 73 & Robert gutted the guts. I'm going to do the same to another one so lots of one time extra parts we've got on our hands.
Yes Don..A nice Christmas gift ! I will have it home on thursday & my son will start seeing what we need cataloging ..The plan is to get the towers repaired.. the engine bay done & the motor installed asap..I need to have it movable under it's own power. Weather is going to be a factor since alot has to be done outside. The main thing right now is a bellhousing & tranny to mate up to the 351c..I pmed one of the members already since he indicated he had a c-6 with all the fixings. Waiting to hear back..In case that doesn't pan out what do you have in that department ? Oh i forgot 1 biggie a driveshaft !

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes Don..A nice Christmas gift ! I will have it home on thursday & my son will start seeing what we need cataloging ..The plan is to get the towers repaired.. the engine bay done & the motor installed asap..I need to have it movable under it's own power. Weather is going to be a factor since alot has to be done outside. The main thing right now is a bellhousing & tranny to mate up to the 351c..I pmed one of the members already since he indicated he had a c-6 with all the fixings. Waiting to hear back..In case that doesn't pan out what do you have in that department ? Oh i forgot 1 biggie a driveshaft !
I have two extra C6s but cannot vouch for their condition. I'll have to do a driveshaft count to see if I have an extra one if I do it's yours. I think I might but to be safe my buddy Eddie (whisnant) has a lot of parts like that lying around & I'll ask him as well.

Congrats Scott!! And it is for your son?! Even better!! A family all riding in our era stangs!! :) I hope you show us this new hole process of restoration! :) great score my friend!

Congrats Scott!! And it is for your son?! Even better!! A family all riding in our era stangs!! :) I hope you show us this new hole process of restoration! :) great score my friend!
Thanks D..Yes my son has been bugging me for a project car..This will be a nice car for sure ! But no where near the level of mine more on the level of the Camaro.. & yes we will document & show how we build it !

Great find::thumb::

And i must say you got a nice steal/deal::beer:::)
Yes T it was ! Here's how I found this car..So I'm on facebook the other night & 1 of my friends posts up that he going to build a new car for 2012 & asks should he build a muscle car or riceir. There were like 52 comments..So I'm looking through the comments & one guy posts up that he has an 86 gt for sale & my friend should buy it ..Humm ..I go to this guy's page to look at the 86gt..I'm looking through his pics & what do I see? I see a pic of the 72..I email him & ask if it's for sale..Turns out he lives 10 minutes from me..The rest is history.

You got a smokin deal! The valve covers look interesting and it has a dura-spark distributor, +. Chuck

You got a smokin deal! The valve covers look interesting and it has a dura-spark distributor, +. Chuck
Hmmmm ... selling mine.... I can build this for a bigger badd'r hot rod and not be consumed with perfection to keep it original... not that mine aint BAD... cuz she IS

Hmmmm ... selling mine.... I can build this for a bigger badd'r hot rod and not be consumed with perfection to keep it original... not that mine aint BAD... cuz she IS
Well EXACTLY !!! You got that right !! & if you like I'm willing to do the repair to the shock towers & install the new aprons / rad support /

This way You could finish it any way you want My plan would be street or track frt end like my car ..lowering leafs in the back(same as my car) ..staggered shock conversion (very easy to do) 18's all around ..mach 1 hood..Mono tone paint job blacked out trim..Tinted windows...True sleeper..It's a timeless formula that works

I did call the guy today & told him I wouldn't be taking it ..But did inform him I posted it here..So all hope is not lost..I'd love to see a member get this car.

Scott

I sent you a pm on this. Nice find. With my job right now and for awhile i don't have the time for major body repair for the one i have now which is torn apart. I have been looking for a good rolling chasis with a good body. So with the time i do have at home i can be putting it back together. Doing the interior and engine work i can make happen. Would love to be driving one this summer.

Well EXACTLY !!! You got that right !! & if you like I'm willing to do the repair to the shock towers & install the new aprons / rad support /

This way You could finish it any way you want My plan would be street or track frt end like my car ..lowering leafs in the back(same as my car) ..staggered shock conversion (very easy to do) 18's all around ..mach 1 hood..Mono tone paint job blacked out trim..Tinted windows...True sleeper..It's a timeless formula that works

I did call the guy today & told him I wouldn't be taking it ..But did inform him I posted it here..So all hope is not lost..I'd love to see a member get this car.

Scott fixing it up...Wow, what a deal!

I think i am in trouble with the way the wife is looking at me!:D

Thanks for getting back to me Scott

Scott fixing it up...Wow, what a deal!

Now that is interesting.... I tooka look at your set up, I do like the 71-3 lowered even though I'm an old guy (lol). The problem I see at the moment is transporting it. I really need to think about this idea.

Back