Low gas prices under 2 bucks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can find real E0 gas, not the ethanol crap, at this site: http://www.pure-gas.org/

I wish ethanol would go away!
Very true...notice that the farther Southwest you go the less availability. It sucks around here. But to his original question, yes, I believe we are all pricing E10 gas. Typically the E0 gas here is at least $0.40/gallon more.

JHawk

In Panama City, FL, E10 regular is $2.12 to $2,14, although two stations a week ago had it at $1.99. Unethanol gas is readily available, as there is a big marine/boating community here that requires unethanol. Prices are typically $2.89 though...

Oh well it looks like our joy is just about over. Heard on the radio this morning that fuel over here is going back up around 15 cents a litre by the weekend. Unreal oil prices are down, fuel prices don't drop to where they should be over here, but now it's time for it to go back up almost half of what it went down. Typical bloody Australia.

Oh well it looks like our joy is just about over. Heard on the radio this morning that fuel over here is going back up around 15 cents a litre by the weekend. Unreal oil prices are down, fuel prices don't drop to where they should be over here, but now it's time for it to go back up almost half of what it went down. Typical bloody Australia.
Just seen that too. Looks like we get bent over again. Profiteering and corporate greed with government backing no wonder it costs so much to live these days. At least our US friends are getting a win

We're under $1.00 here in Ontario....oh yeah, that's per liter, so X 3.8 liters to a US gallon...so around $3.80 per gallon, down from $5.70

Last edited by a moderator:
The current US 'win' is not that good overall.

I hope it actually goes back up to a stabilized price that strengthens the US production. If not we will see our domestic control over foreign pricing go away. Watch what will happen then...

If a guy had the money - he'd be buying up mineral rights in the US while they are affordable and available. Surprised the Saudi's and Chinese investors aren't already.

Sorry - a little off-topic and more of a rant than posting. Again sorry.

Ray

The current US 'win' is not that good overall.

I hope it actually goes back up to a stabilized price that strengthens the US production. If not we will see our domestic control over foreign pricing go away. Watch what will happen then...

If a guy had the money - he'd be buying up mineral rights in the US while they are affordable and available. Surprised the Saudi's and Chinese investors aren't already.

Sorry - a little off-topic and more of a rant than posting. Again sorry.

Ray
True sometime you don't see the bigger picture, I didn't. Low fuel price is having a negative effect on the stock market. Here in Aus we have compulsory superannuation to help self fund your retirement, these funds have been smashed in the market this week. Lot of people will loose a lot of what they have worked hard for all their lives and that sucks big time.

Exactly right Luke, especially after the GFC in 08. A lot of people got hit very hard (including my parents, plus most of their friends) and are still nowhere near recovering, then bang, get hit again and again. We know of a couple that were travelling pretty well until then. They went from having over $300k each to under $100k between them, they were looking forward to retiring, but they'll be working for quite a while yet. He was supposed to retire a few years ago, but as he said, no chance of being able to afford to retire now and will probably drop dead while still working, he's now nearly 70. It absolutely stinks about superannuation (great in theory, not how it's applied) in this country. The government tells us we must do it, but they won't guarantee it for the people whose money goes into it, but their own superannuation is guaranteed and the best part is, they don't even have to wait until retirement age (like everyone else) to be able to access their money. This is one of the reasons we don't contribute to it and we look after our own retirement money, our own way. If the the financial groups go arse up tomorrow, then I know they ain't got any of our money. Unfortunately wage and salary earners don't have that privilege and have to put their own hard earned money in these institutions with no guarantees, how pathetic.

Exactly right Luke, especially after the GFC in 08. A lot of people got hit very hard (including my parents, plus most of their friends) and are still nowhere near recovering, then bang, get hit again and again. We know of a couple that were travelling pretty well until then. They went from having over $300k each to under $100k between them, they were looking forward to retiring, but they'll be working for quite a while yet. He was supposed to retire a few years ago, but as he said, no chance of being able to afford to retire now and will probably drop dead while still working, he's now nearly 70. It absolutely stinks about superannuation (great in theory, not how it's applied) in this country. The government tells us we must do it, but they won't guarantee it for the people whose money goes into it, but their own superannuation is guaranteed and the best part is, they don't even have to wait until retirement age (like everyone else) to be able to access their money. This is one of the reasons we don't contribute to it and we look after our own retirement money, our own way. If the the financial groups go arse up tomorrow, then I know they ain't got any of our money. Unfortunately wage and salary earners don't have that privilege and have to put their own hard earned money in these institutions with no guarantees, how pathetic.
yes it is quite sad...we're not forced to do it here but most of us have invested in 401Ks that are due to take a beating. Most don't realize that cheap gas leads to economical beat down.

But...all we can do is fill up our gas cans!

JHawk

Over here we had some bright boys who wanted to privatize Social Security and put all the money into the stock market....and that was right before the crash in 08.
Saw $1.54 today.

I saw $1.99 on the way to work this morning at a gas station that's notorious for being a few cents cheaper than just about all the others in town (except for the Sam's Club and Wal-Mart stations, of course).

Back