Main Body Harness Electrical Connector ID

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
70 Maverick Grabber w/351W & Toploader
71 Mach 1 w/ 429 & T56
Anyone out there know if a list exists that cross references harness connectors with Ford PN's? I'm in process of dropping in my Painless universal kit and I'd to replace as many ends as possible if they exist (as opposed to cutting them off my old harness). Del City, Allied and Mouser have indicated that a lot of these ends should still exist, but need the original Ford PN for cross reference. Looking on my original harness, no ID's appear to exist on the ends themselves, and the shop manual doesn't appear to call them out either.

Marc

I pulled out my Assembly manual. Here is a typical page from the electrical section. It shows the connectors, but identifies them as part of a wiring assembly, I believe. I hope this helps ID the connectors you need.

IMG_0974.jpeg

Most bullet connectors are standard trailer connectors. No source for the curved turn signal connectors except used. Some pins are readily available; others are not so easy to find.

I pulled out my Assembly manual. Here is a typical page from the electrical section. It shows the connectors, but identifies them as part of a wiring assembly, I believe. I hope this helps ID the connectors you need.

View attachment 76290
Hi Steve - thanks for sharing. I don't have that manual here with me, but that was my next check. That is good to know there is some ID in that book. Maybe this combined with pictures may help me land on correct replacements.

Maybe if you sent them some photos of what you are looking for they may have a better idea if they can supply it.
Hi Mike, yes pictures are next, but that way could be tedious. It was my backup plan, and is what they also recommended too. Thanks!

Back