manual steering box grease

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hello everyone,

I can now after one year working on my car enjoy it. She works fine and I'm very happy about myself, all what I did alone with a lot of help from this site, anyway I didn't know I could do all what I did. Autosatisfaction sometimes is not bad for us, isn't it?

This week I drove her around 200 kilometers to check how it goes. Still have some thing to do, (I think always have something to do, just for the pleasure).

I have a question concernig the manual power steering box.

I changed the grease from the box, following the instructions from the book. I have some grease getting out from the filler plug, looks like this plus is acting as a vent plug, the top of the plug is free. The reason could be because I put too much grease inside then it will stop when the proper volume of grease will be good?

Thaks for any advice.

Manu

Hi Manu,

You are correct, the plug acts as a vent for excess grease to come out. You have nothing to worry about, just let it keep spitting out grease until it stops.

-Josue

Hi Manu,

You are correct, the plug acts as a vent for excess grease to come out. You have nothing to worry about, just let it keep spitting out grease until it stops.

-Josue
Ok thanks a lot, I'm not worried about this anymore.

Back