my awsome wife

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really happy you have the love and support of your signifigant other. My hubby and I both have cars we love and it makes the whole thing much more fun. :)

AGREED ! For us married guys the better half can make or break our hobby passion..I'm one of the lucky ones too..My Wife has always supported me when it came to my car addiction..Doesn't hurt that she enjoys having driving nice cars..& It's even better when I come home with this (Today's haul out of 500 cars) Won best resto mod..Her & my Daughter come running out of the house big kisses hugs & then pics..Life is good !

100_3791.JPG

One more for us that have our significant other in support of our addiction. I do have to admit that it takes a couple of rounds of talking through things before I have her blessing. One thing I have on my side is that we dated in my 72 back in High School, so unlike Ole Pony talking about bringing back the 72 invokes old memories of High School.

On the door panel question I have also heard that Mustang Market is the place to go. Allan Shepley at Mustang of Central Georgia has restored several 71 429 cars to top flight show standards and he has recommended Mustang Market for my deluxe door panel replacement. He uses their stripe kits as well.

Definitely have to give kudos to the wife. She is awesome with the car stuff. She was right out there with the torque wrench in hand, when I was assembling the motor. Couldn't ask for better!

nice thread the ladies deserve a big shout out ,im also glad my wifes supports my mustang and she loves it as much as i do so when the mustang needs something she all for it, so here to all our wonderful wives,girlfriends that don"t bitch about us spending alot of money on our rides.cheers

Let me just say my wife is incredible. She has no problem hanging with the guys. Getting her hand grease and power shifting our 5 liter. Besides being my wife she is my best friend. I'm a very lucky guy great wife,cool toys and I live in San Diego. My wife is a big part of all of it.

3514V 018.jpg

Man, you guys are going to make me puke. " My wife is so great'..."Shout out to my wife"....blah blah blah.

Is that what happens when you have to put your shared computer into the kitchen and you have your wife looking over your shoulder all the time?

I can hear it now..."Honey, I could really a Holley 850 double pumper to go with those new roller rockers. We will have to put little Timmy's kidney surgery for a few weeks, but maybe he'll get better on his own."

This is not saying my wife is not awesome...she is. But, that is because she stays out of my wallet and doesn't dare touch my car...especially the paint, the windows and the door handle. She can sit in it if she asks first. You guys think I am kidding.

On the other hand, if my wife wants to touch something smooth as silk, soft as satin, and hot hot hot, I will be ready willing and able. And if I am not here, she can (and does) gets into her own convertible.

My sincere blessings to all the happy couples, including mine.

Let me just say my wife is incredible. She has no problem hanging with the guys. Getting her hand grease and power shifting our 5 liter. Besides being my wife she is my best friend. I'm a very lucky guy great wife,cool toys and I live in San Diego. My wife is a big part of all of it.
I'm just thinking you don't know a wrench from a screwdriver and your wife is really the expert behind your rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the summer of 2010, I was wanting a cool car and considering a 2010 Camaro 2SS that a friend was faced with being repossessed. My wife talked me out of $600+/month car payments, and to find a project I could restore myself. She told me she had every confidence in my skills (based on my work with my Jeep), and that growing up she'd seen her brothers take off on a Saturday morning, come home with a non-running POS they'd bought for $100, and a few weeks later had something everybody wanted. They'd drive it awhile, then they'd get tired of it, sell it, and start all over again.

Even though mine has been one of those, 'keeps getting worse the more I dig into it' projects, I think I've finally turned the corner and things are coming together. She's been supportive and patient (especially in the wake of all the drama with the Auto Hobby Shop and me being gone every weekend since before Christmas), and it's appreciated.

On the flipside, she wants a swimming pool... and while we can afford it (aside from my project), she hasn't done the painfully simple things needed to make it happen (like decide what she wants, talk to the pool people, talk to the bank, etc...). I really don't care what kind of pool she wants or how much it'll cost (within reason, of course), I just want to write the checks and get back to working on my car. So I'm probably seen as not very supportive of her because I've been so busy with my own project.

i agree, my wife when we first started dating wanted me to get rid of 73 mach1 as it was just sitting in the back yard collecting leaves and bird droppings. i held sted fast and held on to it, over the years she got hooked on old cars ( i brought her over to the dark side) we got married, bought a house, built a nice 2 car garage, and started to restore the mach1. over the 2 years to get it done i found out that after the fact she had submitted my car to overhauling...but didnt win. (kinda glad, i wouldnt want a dropped down two tone frilly stang with big rims)

we started to show the mach1 and had fun going to cruise in's shows etc.... she joked one nite that she wanted to restore an old vehicle and there it began... (though she went with a 71 bronco) we did the project together... and after 11 months she has her restored 71 bronco. kinda neat to have a wife who turns wrenches and digs metal work..lol. funny fact, she is always wanting me to save money for mustang parts....

attached is a pic of her working on her bronco..lol

P6180145.JPG

Back in the summer of 2010, I was wanting a cool car and considering a 2010 Camaro 2SS... She told me she had every confidence in my skills (based on my work with my Jeep)...
Hey...any woman that talks any man out of buying a Camaro is a keeper.

And, by the way, a pool to a woman is like an aphrodisiac to Bill Clinton...especially considering the company he is obligated to keep due to marital vows.

Obviously, this is not me and my wife...but it should be:

c021694.jpg

You guys want to show pictures of your wives, what I would like to see is a photo of your wife taking out the trash...and I don't mean taking you out.

You guys want to show pictures of your wives, what I would like to see is a photo of your wife taking out the trash...and I don't mean taking you out.
Here's a pic of us celebrating our most recent anniversary. I have no pics of her working on the car. She likes to ride in them though and hers is the green vert. Also, no brother - sister remarks...we've heard them all already. :p

576103_3210665951137_1290811901_n.jpg

Here's a pic of us celebrating our most recent anniversary. I have no pics of her working on the car. She likes to ride in them though and hers is the green vert. Also, no brother - sister remarks...we've heard them all already. :p
How many years?

This is my wife Mary, been married 32 years! Thats me on the right and my brother Mike on the left!

6776_1173606186094_3727911_n.jpg
If you're on the right, and your brother is on the left, that means your wife is in the middle??? We get confused easy here in SoCal...

Back