My new project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
351C-4V M-Code
Just picked up a new project, 71 Mach 1 M Code in pretty much all original condition. It definitely needs some work but it fills the hole in my life I've had since selling my first car, a 73 Mach 1 H Code. I'm currently in Afghanistan using my free time to research parts and prices. I also plan on selling my 05 GT and parting out a 72 Gran Torino Sport (351CJ 4spd) to help fund the resto/restomod on the 71.

P7210186-1.jpg

P7210188-1.jpg

P7210189-1.jpg

P7210192-1.jpg

P7230208-1.jpg

P7230212-1.jpg

Welcome from coastal Alabama! If the M-code engine runs good I'd just swap the toploader items. Keep safe over there!!

I would save the rear end from the Torino as it should have heavier tubes and be capable of housing stronger axles due to the big bearing feature.

I would save the 4 speed and all the clutch and z bar components if you ever want a 4 speed because much of that is almost impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Looks like a nice car to start on.

I assume you are in the service, so stay safe and Thank you! If you are not and just in Afghanistan for some other reason, then stay safe.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! As the others have said, thanks for serving our country :salute:

Your Mach 1 looks like it will be a good project car. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg/Europe.

You could leave the body as is and just do the engine swap and put it up to date technically. You´d scare the crap out of people standing next to you at a red light when you hit the gas pedal!

:D

::welcome:: from NY and thank you for your service, it looks like a good solid car for restoration

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. Thank you for your service. Your mustang looks like a solid car to start project out of.

just take your time it will come togather for you,be safe and god bless.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Looks like nice Mach 1 project. What part of Connecticut are you from. I was born in Stamford and raised in Southburry before moving to San Diego. What are your plans for the Mach 1?

We look forward to your safe return. Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome:: When you get back, we'll be there for ya! :salute:

WELCOME aboard, Mike!

As several have noted, THANKS for your service to our Country, military or otherwise:)!

I look forward to hearing more about your 1971 M-Code. As you probably already know, there were less than 17,000 fastback M-Codes built. No matter what approach (maintenance, restoration or modification) you decide to take, you WILL find support here.

As you go through the different Forums, please take a little time and look at the Weekly Fun Question Forum...I have supplied a link. This is a little exercise we try to run each week to enhance knowledge of the 1971 - 1973 Mustangs. It also has a couple of other tangible "rewards."

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-is-the-weekly-fun-question--5488

Again, Welcome and I look forward to hearing about your journey with your 1971 M-Code.

BT

Welcome from Virginia! If you are parting the torino send me some prices. I would love to change the Starsky and Hutch over to a 4spd. Always trying to find a 72-73 4spd car to get pedals, trans and driveshaft!

Congrats on acquiring the 71 M code. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose to do. Stay safe and thank you for your service.

The 72 torino 351 isn't near the engine your 71 m code is.

From a fellow 71 m code owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back