need info on 429 a/c brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Mark it is... ah shucks I don't know either :s

Don

If the truck is a 73 Ranchero, the brackets and pullies should be the same. the F series never came with a 429, (there was an industrial HD truck 429 used in stuff like F600s, but it was a different animal) in fact, the 460 didn't show up in the trucks until 74. If someone swapped a 429 into this truck, it may very likely be a passenger car engine, and may have what you are looking for. Most of the 70-73 429-460 car brackets are the same. The 68-69 parts are completely different, as are the later pieces that used the GM power steering and A/C pumps.

Hope this is helpful, and not just confusing. :)

If the truck is a 73 Ranchero, the brackets and pullies should be the same. the F series never came with a 429, (there was an industrial HD truck 429 used in stuff like F600s, but it was a different animal) in fact, the 460 didn't show up in the trucks until 74. If someone swapped a 429 into this truck, it may very likely be a passenger car engine, and may have what you are looking for. Most of the 70-73 429-460 car brackets are the same. The 68-69 parts are completely different, as are the later pieces that used the GM power steering and A/C pumps.

That sir was exactly what I was searching for. Thanks! :)

That sir was exactly what I was searching for. Thanks! :)
What our answers did not help?

Back