Need to vent

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meds are not the answer if I want something to happen I must not worry and have faith. Thanks guys truely
Hey, man. Is there a nickname I can use to call you, like "Bill" or "Bubba" or something (sorry, "Doc" is already taken, but "Dopey" or "Bashful" are still available.... jk :p )

Faith is a hard thing to put into use on an every now and then basis. And I know this from experience. And that's all I'll say about that because we have rules here about that kind of stuff which we must all follow.

Just know that there are many here (and elsewhere) that hope that your daughter, and you, and the rest of your family can find comfort in the faith that you will not be alone, no matter what comes.

Keep us in the loop, friend.

Doc

My name is Russ, but just about any name will work, I am doing my best to keep up with the guys on here and I am learning names slowly

I got some more news and I hope to report it is good. My wife too my daughter for her bloodwork this morning to see how she is doing on the Keppa.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Russ, but just about any name will work, I am doing my best to keep up with the guys on here and I am learning names slowly

I got some more news and I hope to report it is good. My wife too my daughter for her bloodwork this morning to see how she is doing on the Keppa.
Thanks, Russ. Looking forward to a good report soon.

Doc

Okay guys I am just posting this so I can get it off my chest, no need to reply to this one. I took my 11 year old daughter to the doctor yesterday because she has started to have seizures, and the doc ran a EEG on her to look at the function of her waves. Well the front tempol lobe cam back not good. He did not say it was epilepsy, but my family has a real bad problem when it comes to tumors. I have lost one brother, cousin (age 8), 2 Aunts and a grandmother to tumors and to be honest I dont know what to do.

It has been getting worse for about 6 months and we took her to KC to the children mercy hospital there and the doctor was in the room a total of 5 minutes and 42 seconds, look at her eyes and said nothing was wrong. My wife and I thought it was trash and he failed to do the eeg like he was suppose to. So we asked for another doctor to check it out and he found it. Wht bothers me is that the time between the last doctor and this one was 2 months. I know that does not sound like a lot of time but I know the earlier you find something the better chances you have to fight it off or kill it before it comes worse.

I am trying to get her back in ASAP for the MRI that the new doctor wants to look at now. He is trying to see if there is anything inside that is causing it. At this point it is a double edge sword; if there isnt anything in there then she might take the chance of having epilepsy for the rest of her life. But then again if there is something can they remove it safely? The part that is effected is the Mass memory cell, and any damage to that will cause a lost of both long and short term memory.

I am not sure what is to come of it, but I will continue to use this thread to keep the updates and my ability to vent under control. I know everything happens for a reason, or atleast in my eyes it does so I cannot do anything simply sitting here and worring. Lets go fishing.......
Hey I hope everything works out for the best. That is a tough situation to be in but my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. Stay strong my friend, we are here for you! - Cody

Russ,

As I mentioed, my good friend's daughter has had siezures and she has been taking Keppra. It works very well but be sure and monitor your daughter's pills and make sure she takes them EXACTLY as prescribed. Kids (everyone actually) have a tendancy to 'miss' taking their pills...

And stay in good communication with the doctor(s). We have been required to modify her dosage a few times.

Ray

Alright well the MRI is complete and I got the results and it shows nothing at all, which is awesome, everything is normal. My family has a bad history with cancer and tumors so I am not trying to sound like a bad father when I say I am glad it is epilepsy, and not a tumor. Now we go back on the 9th of May for another eeg so I will wait to do back flips till that is over. Just thought I would post some good news for the Counters' today. I hope every single member of your family is also happy and well.

Alright well the MRI is complete and I got the results and it shows nothing at all, which is awesome, everything is normal. My family has a bad history with cancer and tumors so I am not trying to sound like a bad father when I say I am glad it is epilepsy, and not a tumor. Now we go back on the 9th of May for another eeg so I will wait to do back flips till that is over. Just thought I would post some good news for the Counters' today. I hope every single member of your family is also happy and well.
::congratz::

Well Thanks guys and Yes it is treatable, well most of them, there is about a 15% chance it will not be treatable but those are the more serve cases where no triggers are known or triggers are very vast in accounts. I am not a doctor but I have been doing some reading. I am very thankful that all of you have kept her in your prayers and I will keep everyone posted. Thanks

Back