NEW GUY HERE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadetree5879

Reaction score
My Car
‘73 Mach 1
Thanks everyone for being able to form such a group. I have just acquired a ‘73 Mach 1 H code car. It has been converted to a 4 bbl carb and has headers on it. The inside is in great shape and the outside is solid with a few blemishes in paint and I small dent passenger side rear quarter by bumper. It starts and runs but I have ordered an Aces Killshot master kit to convert to efi and electronic ignition. I paid 7k for the car can anyone tell me if that’s a decent price as I feel I got a great deal. The car has been repainted from blue glow to the Wimbledon white and I will probably keep it white as to not make it so difficult on the respray lol. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance for all the questions that will be asked by me and answered by you all.

Attachments

• IMG_4652.jpeg
    IMG_4652.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4614.jpeg
    IMG_4614.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That's a way more than decent price for the car, from the photos. Great find!! Depending on what you expect to get from EFI and the electronic ignition, you may or may not see the change much. Get it tuned up as is, and get a baseline right now on mileage and zero to 60. Check again after the switch and see what the $$$ were worth, post your findings here, we'd all like to know. One of the first things I did when I first bought my Mach, was to tune it up. It ran very well, but had me watching the tune and changing points now and again. It didn't take long to swap in a triggered electronic ignition. That was a great upgrade, I've not had to fuss with it since.

Nice looking Stang there Shadetree. What is the problem with your carb that you want to swap to FI so soon??
Just didn’t want to go through the cleaning and kitting of carb and want the reliability of efi. My goal isn’t to keep engine stock so I went with aces kill shot master kit that pretty much self tunes to any performance upgrade.

That's a way more than decent price for the car, from the photos. Great find!! Depending on what you expect to get from EFI and the electronic ignition, you may or may not see the change much. Get it tuned up as is, and get a baseline right now on mileage and zero to 60. Check again after the switch and see what the $$$ were worth, post your findings here, we'd all like to know. One of the first things I did when I first bought my Mach, was to tune it up. It ran very well, but had me watching the tune and changing points now and again. It didn't take long to swap in a triggered electronic ignition. That was a great upgrade, I've not had to fuss with it since.
I have it running but I just want to go with the reliability of efi. My wife and I will for sure be going on road trips once I get it right. I plan on a head and can swap next year and aces kill shot kit self tunes to the performance upgrades.

Welcome from Chicago! Seems to me that you got a great deal! I love the Wimbledon White and the 71-72 stripes and paint scheme but I must admit that I am a bit biased, haha.

Yes they are a great stress reliever. Been working on mine for over 4 years now enjoying every minute of it. Complete restoration though. What’s your interior like? Exterior looks nice.
It’s has some mildew and dust but everything wipes right off I don’t have any pics after I cleaned it but here is before

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpeg
    IMG_4520.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4514.jpeg
    IMG_4514.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4513.jpeg
    IMG_4513.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4516.jpeg
    IMG_4516.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4515.jpeg
    IMG_4515.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4519.jpeg
    IMG_4519.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Looks like the interior could use a good cleaning. Get some cleaner that will kill the mold as I see there is a lot of it there. Please be careful and wear a respirator with filter cartriges (NOT a face mask like for dust), gloves and goggles as mold cleaning is dangerous. You might consider new carpet and re-apholster the seats. Also check the headliner.

Looks like the interior could use a good cleaning. Get some cleaner that will kill the mold as I see there is a lot of it there. Please be careful and wear a respirator with filter cartriges (NOT a face mask like for dust), gloves and goggles as mold cleaning is dangerous. You might consider new carpet and re-apholster the seats. Also check the headliner.
Yeah my wife is all over that. The carpet is the worst part of it seats are good. Have priced a carpet kit for it. I plan on having it detailed after efi is installed. But carpet is getting replaced anyways and I am looking at some replacement leather seat covers this just gives me an excuse to pull the trigger lol

Yeah my wife is all over that. The carpet is the worst part of it seats are good. Have priced a carpet kit for it. I plan on having it detailed after efi is installed. But carpet is getting replaced anyways and I am looking at some replacement leather seat covers this just gives me an excuse to pull the trigger lol
It sat under a cover off and on for three years and stayed under one for 4 years and we all know the humidity in Louisiana doesn’t play

Latest posts

Back