New Mustang Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may i ask your method of cleaning that dingy plastic. i need to do mine as they are just as rough.
Meguiars PlastX or something equivalent is my guess.

I'm pretty sure any of the cheap headlight restoration plastic polishes (the ones that won't really work without sanding the headlights) will do the trick on simple, fogged plastic like this.

-Kurt

LOOKS LIKE A NICE PROJECT MAN, just a few bits of advice so you have some fun. when you pull the motor out of the town car and slip it into ur convertible. pull the stock cam and slip the 5.0 HO cam in it and make sure you change the firing order too those lincolns as well as crown vics only put out 150 hp at the most and they had what was considered the weak firing order, also convert to MAF and put 19ib injectors in place of the stock 14ibs other than that you should be good, if you have any questions on the swap, I did the 5.0 efi swap in my 72 coupe and any info you need by all means hit me up

LOOKS LIKE A NICE PROJECT MAN, just a few bits of advice so you have some fun. when you pull the motor out of the town car and slip it into ur convertible. pull the stock cam and slip the 5.0 HO cam in it and make sure you change the firing order too those lincolns as well as crown vics only put out 150 hp at the most and they had what was considered the weak firing order, also convert to MAF and put 19ib injectors in place of the stock 14ibs other than that you should be good, if you have any questions on the swap, I did the 5.0 efi swap in my 72 coupe and any info you need by all means hit me up
Yeah, I did research on the H.O. differences. If this car were being built for me specifically, it would be an Explorer 5.0, twin turbo, and a manual transmission. I'm building this for my Step-Father who literally screamed when I hit boost in my Lexus. He just wants a nice looking reliable cruiser. Also, the motor swap is done already.

I do have a couple questions for you though. Did you hook up your factory gauges or go aftermarket? What did you do for a speedometer cable? Do you have a build thread? EDIT - I have read your build thread and have posted in it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seriously toying with the idea of a boosted 5.0 for my car, nothing wild but definitely something to turn heads. And I believe it can be affordable...to a degree. Looking for maybe 400- 450hp, I'm not sure how reliable the stock block would be. I am very anal about my air/fuel meterings in boosted engines. Maybe a 351 bottom end would get me close while having a little extra room to play as well.

I picked up some nice wheels with new tires today. My Step-Father didn't like anything modern I showed him, so here's what I got.

new_wheel.JPG

Back