Not a bad deal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think that's not a good idea. It's either painted or chrome all the way. Painted extensions and chrome hood molding completely break the flow in the lines and look like a half assed job IMO.

Personally I think that's not a good idea. It's either painted or chrome all the way. Painted extensions and chrome hood molding completely break the flow in the lines and look like a half assed job IMO.
That is my thoughts as well. I just can't wrap my head around why you would do that. either buy all chrome, or paint the hood trim to match...Am I missing something here?

Thay color just doesn't look right for an original color. Bad repaint?

Just looks too dark. Pic can be deceiving, unfortunately.

Agree about the hood and fender trim - one way or the other.

I think chrome looks too weird on a Mach 1. Just my 2 cents.

Ray

That is my thoughts as well. I just can't wrap my head around why you would do that. either buy all chrome, or paint the hood trim to match...Am I missing something here?
Possibility #1: Bodyshop was too lazy to strip the paint off the reproduction hood extension, and the owner was too stupid to know the difference.

Possibility #2: Hood extension pins were corroded and popped off the car after the repaint. Owner purchases reproduction and is too hesitant to visit the paint shop.

Possibility #3: Somebody is foolish enough to think it's supposed to be that way. This is not generally the case with examples such as the convertible, and are usually associated with Mach 1's claimed to be "all original;" yet, have been restored with multiple aftermarket parts, and usually paired with a complete chrome front end in place of body color/urethane.

The yellow car for $15k is a far better place to spend one's mad money. This one probably started out rough - and who knows how rough the hidden bits of the undercarriage are?

All that glitters may be nothing but a well-painted turd.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back