Oil Temp sending unit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hotboss

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
Hi Everyone, again I am looking to replace the oil TEMP sending unit. I am not to mechanically inclined so if someone can walk me through this it would be appreciated Thank you

The standard gauges are the water temperature and oil pressure. Oil temperature sending units are typically installed as the oil pan bolt and require its own gauge.

Pretty much easy to do. Remove the wire that clips onto the sending unit. Find a deep socket that will fit and remove. Install new sending unit with socket, snug it down only, put wire on it, and that's it.

if u have a engine temp gage or a light now and want to keep it ?? then go to auto parts store and get a new alum thermostat housing with a port on top. u can then get a filled sys with gage and install it.. now when u replace the stat make sure u positon it right.. looking at the stat it'll kinda look like a "Y". make sure one of the "V" is at the top or the probe will hit it and not seat correctly.

Pretty much easy to do. Remove the wire that clips onto the sending unit. Find a deep socket that will fit and remove. Install new sending unit with socket, snug it down only, put wire on it, and that's it.
Just ensure that you specify a temp sensor for a light or gauge when you go to the parts store, they are different. Then follow Midlife's directions.

Latest posts

Back