Ol' hack from Europe Finland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finmach

Reaction score
My Car
'72 Mach 1. Ford Racing 460+TKO600+Moser M9 4.11 DL
Hi folks!

I am Jari from Finland. I decided to join in since I just found your fabulous web-pages dedicated for the big ponies. My first car was a '65 Fastback Mustang with 289 2bbl+4 spd. toploader, loved the car. Currently I have a '72 Mach 1, has owned it for 9 years, since that it's been restored and modified by the owner. Car spent it's teens in Florida and after that it was brought to Finland. Yes Sir, it was a genuine "Florida light weight" with serious rust issues. I believe that she has spent her teens very close to the sea. Car's licence plate was a Florida plate and with "1972", I tried once to chase the original owner of the car to send him/her pictures where she's now - no luck. It's original 351c+auto+aircond.

Everything rusted was cut out & welded together and the car was ready app. three years ago. Engine was made from brand new Ford SVO M-6009-C460 assembly with out of the box A429 heads and Ford Racing G429 intake (vic. jr). It was dissassebled, balanced and blueprinted to the factory specs by R.T. from Tennesee. Transmission is manul TKO600 and the rear is new Moser with their back braced M9 housing, it's got 4.11 gears, detroit locker, 35 splines axles and Mark Williams pinion support. Driveshaft is also from MW as are the 1350 yokes. Drivetrain is built to take some punishment - ready for the future upgrades!

At the moment the A429 heads and the intake are in the hands of a cylinderhead porter. Can't wait to get them back. Should make a difference. I am also going to change the mufflers to a Dynomax Ultra flows to be able to drive it without an earmuffs.

Here are two shots from few weeks ago. Car was actually painted in 2006 and since that it's been washed twice and but never waxed... I think that the waxing the poor thing would make it shine. You either like or dislike the hood scoop, I hate it only when driving the car and need to turn right...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

IMG_2725.jpg

I should have washed the car before shooting the pictures, you can clearly see dusty trunklid. Trunklid was open all winter in my carage and the dust has landed to the upright area of the lid...

IMG_2712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site from Virginia! Thanks for sharing the history of your Mach. Maybe someone here will recognize the Florida 1972 Plate that was on your car.

It would be cool to see a picture from the drivers seat out over the hood!

Hello from Alberta Canada!

Great looking car, and I agree with loving or hating the hood scoop. I have something similar on my Redneck Supersport (truck). It looks great but makes it hard to see directly in front of you and where your bumper is when making right hand turns.

:D Hello from California

Nice looking car. Must be one of very few in Finland. We are resto modding our 71. Currently it is just finishing blasting to prep for body and paint. We have a 1970 vintage 429 from a Mercury Cyclone that been built for us.

My mothers ancestors immigrated from Finland about 1900. Don't know the history in Finland but Good to see a Mach there.

Jenny and Roshelle

Great car. Welcome from Sault Canada.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back