Original shoulder seat belt help needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
Restoring 1973 Mustang Coupe. Dream Car
Here goes! Does anyone have the Original Ford Mustang front shoulder seat belt that can help me? I tore mine apart to fix. (2011) Rusty chrome. Photos taken, however I can't find the flash drive with the seat belt photos. I am hoping to find out if the small elastic strip goes on the same side as the Ford Manufactured tag. Also, how the hardware is setup on the webbing. If some one can post a few photos that would be great. I have cleaned up the chrome, have new black elastic to sew on, then ready to install. Thanks ahead of time. :) Here is a photo of them before sewing.[/size]

image.jpg

Yes, I can help with that.

I believe this an original belt but the tag is gone.

You can see where the tag once lived.

A buckle broke on one of these belts so I bought a new

set, actually one from a Ford truck, but same design.

Hope to get the original set restored some day, $$$.

mike

P6210382.JPG

P6210383.JPG

P6210385.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
+1. I can help as well. Here are shots of the complete setup with the tags, plastic and elastic. I replaced the entire setup with retractable three point belts and have been very happy with the results. Not a purist so safety and the ability to lean forward to turn the volume knob on the radio wins. The belts that I used were an exact bolt in and it took about 15 minutes to do both sides. Something to consider...

dewetc.jpg

jinbj5.jpg

4ufo7b.jpg

You all rock! Perfect! Now I can finish the sewing this weekend and install maybe Monday. Look out! The next question may not be this easy. It has to do with windows. One task at a time. I just came home from buying used replacement door & qtr windows. Thanks again.

Back