Painting my master cylinder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
Okay guys I feel that my stupid questions have not gone far enough so I am adding one.

I just too my master off my brake booster to do nothing more than paint it, Do i have to bleed it again prior to putting it back on.

If so what is the easiest way.

This one is new just has been on the car for about two years, but not ever used, EVER

Yes it would be a good idea, you will have to bleed it, you have to go to your local part store and pick up the kit that has the plastic fittings with nozzles to put hoses on, run the hoses in to the reservoir fill with fluid put in a vise and pump the air out until you see nomore air bubbles then put it on car and bleed the system.

If it is not DOT 5 fluid it will eat your new paint if allowed to sit for any length of time. Work carefully a wipe quickly I suppose. Chuck

I am using dot 3. I will bake paint overnight then bleed it in the morning and I will take extra care with splashing, TM

Okay guys here you go it took some time but I bleed it out and we shall see how well it works. There was nothign wrong with it just rusty and I could not stand that.

Yeah and I bought the wrong paint to touch up my covers that is why is looks off. No worries guys Ill get it fixed

Here is the old pic I guess I should have posted this first. Sorry it is so dirty I am trying

P3090044.JPG

P3080017.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back