Rear Spoiler question for Coupe and Conv owners

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
How is your rear spoiler aligned as compared to the edge of your trunk lid?

I was going to install mine and wasgoing to align the back edge of the spoiler to be even with the edge of the trunk, but I noticed that on some of the Mach 1s they look about 1 or two inches in from the edge of the trunk lid.

Any thoughts?

I'll keep this post in mind for later because the spoiler I have looks exactly like the mustang one but the height of it is off. I think it comes from a Mopar. Where these spoilers just from ford because the Mopar one's look exactly the same.[/i]

I'll keep this post in mind for later because the spoiler I have looks exactly like the mustang one but the height of it is off. I think it comes from a Mopar. Where these spoilers just from ford because the Mopar one's look exactly the same.[/i]
The 7173 rear spoiler pedestals are shorter than 6970s .

They looked the same.

Distance between mounts is different

Pedestals will have a series of numbers on them, I think it starts with a 9 VS ford ones will be a C9, D0, or D1

Also mopar spoilers and original 69 - 70 spoilers are worth way more than 71-3 mustang spoilers.

Back