Rear Suspension 1972

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fl351c

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande 351C-4V
1971 Convertible 351C-2V
1972 Coupé 302-2V
Did someone have a procedure to replace the rear suspension, within the coil spring dismounting and remounting?

Thanks in advance.

He's from Switzerland and they may use different terms. I checked out his userid, he has three mustangs but has only posted a few times in the last couple of years.

fl351c - Please start a new thread with an introduction of yourself and some pictures.

My mustang was previously owned by a friend who moved back to Switzerland. She lives up in the north area near the German border.

Back to those springs. On a stock mustang the springs for the rear wheels are what we call 'leaf' springs and the springs on the front are what we call 'coil' springs.

If you look at my signature and click on 'my garage' and then select the 'modifications' tab there is a picture of the rear springs (leaf) and another picture of the front springs (coil). Please take a look and confirm that yours are basically the same. Then we can help with the removal.

Yes, in fact I'am from Switzerland! I wrote the post faster then I thought! I was working on my convert yesterday and I want to have a look on the top of on left side spring coil. Since weeks espaciallly now by the warm and nice weather, there is a noise on it.

I'am preparing to look at it and want to have it done by myself.

It's a 1972 - convert - 351 C - 2 barrels - all original from the import in '72 - I'am the second driver.

Then I've 2 others 1971 - grande - 351C - 4 barrels - also second drive.

and the last one 1972 - coupe - 302 - third driver.

All 3 white wimbeldon.

I will put other pictures soon.

I want to have a look on the top of on left side spring coil. Since weeks espaciallly now by the warm and nice weather, there is a noise on it.
Could be the upper shock rod rubbing against the upper mount. Easy to check.

Coil springs typically do not move around much unless they are broken.

Back