Rear sway bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess I have a bit of an update on my sway bar. Talked to the guy I’m dealing with from Addco yesterday and they are not working right now due to the virus. He did say that his engineering department was working on it and was pretty sure they had it measured up. But due to the virus they had to put everything on hold for now. He didn’t have enough time to send my original one back before they got shut down but told me he will as soon as they get back to work.

Well I guess I have a bit of an update on my sway bar. Talked to the guy I’m dealing with from Addco yesterday and they are not working right now due to the virus. He did say that his engineering department was working on it and was pretty sure they had it measured up. But due to the virus they had to put everything on hold for now. He didn’t have enough time to send my original one back before they got shut down but told me he will as soon as they get back to work.
 Soooooo, the next question will be " once you guys finally get this right for the 71-73 Mustang, will you replace all the screwed up ones people have bought?" Free of charge of course!

That's good that they are actually listening to their customer and not just making excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Addco is definitely trying to get this right. They are working with me on this, and they are worried about getting bashed on social media sites like this one. I told him that I was surprised that they were helping me out with this and I will give them a thumbs up on here for it. Still need to see what they come up with, but so far they have been great to deal with. I even mentioned that I put their 1 1/8” bar on front and that it fit great. Only problem I can see is that the end link spacers they provide are too short. So they are going to send me some taller ones for that too.

I’m not even sure if I can send the one I’m not happy with back, but I’m sure gonna try. I got it from Jegs, so I’m sure they will let me return it. I’m dealing directly with the manufacturer now, so Jegs doesn’t know that. As far as they know it is just another return.

Addco is definitely trying to get this right. They are working with me on this, and they are worried about getting bashed on social media sites like this one. I told him that I was surprised that they were helping me out with this and I will give them a thumbs up on here for it. Still need to see what they come up with, but so far they have been great to deal with. I even mentioned that I put their 1 1/8” bar on front and that it fit great. Only problem I can see is that the end link spacers they provide are too short. So they are going to send me some taller ones for that too.

I’m not even sure if I can send the one I’m not happy with back, but I’m sure gonna try. I got it from Jegs, so I’m sure they will let me return it. I’m dealing directly with the manufacturer now, so Jegs doesn’t know that. As far as they know it is just another return.
 Jpaz, I absolutely agree. Here is a company who is listening rather than turning a blind eye to a problem or issue. They SHOULD be applauded not bashed here or anywhere else.

I guess in the past, we have been dealing with company's, who shall be nameless, passing total junk off on us and not paying any attention to complaints.

Jpaz Thank you for doing this and keeping us updated. I for one will buy the set from them if they get the rear sway bar correct so I will follow your posts closely.

Still no word on the rear sway bar. It’s all on hold for now due to the virus. But I did take my car for a drive yesterday with the rear sway bar on that doesn’t really fit that good. I also have a new 1 1/8 front sway bar and new Excell 2 shocks front and back too. Wow, what a difference! It really corners much, much better. No sliding or hopping like it was, the wheels seem to stay planted much better. Steering seems a bit more responsive with the reduced body roll. Nice ride from the new shocks too. So I am very happy with this set up so far, still need to drive it some more, but it is way better than before.

Still no word on the rear sway bar. It’s all on hold for now due to the virus. But I did take my car for a drive yesterday with the rear sway bar on that doesn’t really fit that good. I also have a new 1 1/8 front sway bar and new Excell 2 shocks front and back too. Wow, what a difference! It really corners much, much better. No sliding or hopping like it was, the wheels seem to stay planted much better. Steering seems a bit more responsive with the reduced body roll. Nice ride from the new shocks too. So I am very happy with this set up so far, still need to drive it some more, but it is way better than before.
 John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!

John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!
Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)

Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)
 Now I have the Traction-Loc diff, I to want to get out and "test drive" it along with the suspension upgrades I did. I know I need to break in that diff before I get too rammy on corners, but hopefully I can in a few weeks.

When Addco finally get around to correcting the rear sway bar, I'm in for one too. Do you think they'll do an exchange?

Now I have the Traction-Loc diff, I to want to get out and "test drive" it along with the suspension upgrades I did. I know I need to break in that diff before I get too rammy on corners, but hopefully I can in a few weeks.

When Addco finally get around to correcting the rear sway bar, I'm in for one too. Do you think they'll do an exchange?
Not really sure Geoff, I guess at this point I will be happy that they stay in business.

Not really sure Geoff, I guess at this point I will be happy that they stay in business.
Hope so. Many businesses will fail I'm afraid. Damn Chinese had this planned to wipe out the world's economy.

So here’s the latest update. I just finally heard back from my contact at Addco. I had texted him about a week ago to see what was going on but never heard back till today. He was on vacation. Anyway, they still have my original bar and it has been all measured up. They are still waiting on materials to make them. He told me two more weeks till they get the steel. They are having a hell of a time with that cause of the virus. He also did say thanks for my patience and they are sending me a bar for free when they get them made. We’ll see 

John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!!

Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first place. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!!

Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first place. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
I’ll try Geoff, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for to long, lol. He did say that they are really hurting because of the virus. I was getting kinda worried because they didn’t respond to my last couple of text messages. But the guy I deal with was on vacation. I will see if they can maybe offer some kind of discount for guys like you that had already got one. Or maybe they can offer us a discount for guys from this site. He knows I belong to an online Mustang group, so maybe I can get them to help us out somehow. We’ll have to see how this new bar turns out. Hopefully they will make the diameter smaller than the 7/8” one that we bought. I recommended 5/8” to 3/4” at the biggest. I told them that the 429 cars had a 5/8” bar from the factory, so a 3/4” diameter would be plenty big enough in my opinion. We’ll see what they come up with. Hopefully something better than the one they sell now.

I’ll try Geoff, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for to long, lol. He did say that they are really hurting because of the virus. I was getting kinda worried because they didn’t respond to my last couple of text messages. But the guy I deal with was on vacation. I will see if they can maybe offer some kind of discount for guys like you that had already got one. Or maybe they can offer us a discount for guys from this site. He knows I belong to an online Mustang group, so maybe I can get them to help us out somehow. We’ll have to see how this new bar turns out. Hopefully they will make the diameter smaller than the 7/8” one that we bought. I recommended 5/8” to 3/4” at the biggest. I told them that the 429 cars had a 5/8” bar from the factory, so a 3/4” diameter would be plenty big enough in my opinion. We’ll see what they come up with. Hopefully something better than the one they sell now.
I know my springs are crap and I do need to change them next year (hopefully), but I find my car handles really well with the 7/8" bar I have on it now. I would have no problem with that diameter if it fitted better at the frame mount points and lined up better with the shock mounts. Just my opinion, but as the current bar is possibly made to (sort of) fit a few different vehicles, I might still trust their engineering knowledge as to what is best for a Mustang with comp suspension. I would agree, a standard suspension car might only need a 5/8" bar should an owner wish to fit one.

And yes, it would be very nice to be offered some sort of deal to Forum members. No, I'm NOT holding my breath on this one either.

Latest posts

Back