• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SeatBelt Light Connector

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible.
Restoring and fixing as I go.
Any one have the following connector for the SeatBelt Light Connector?

Its for the Seatbelt Light located above the GloveBox (Passenger side)

Missing in my Glove Box Wiring Harness.

zn0oz7.jpg

Any one have the following connector for the SeatBelt Light Connector?

Its for the Seatbelt Light located above the GloveBox (Passenger side)

Missing in my Glove Box Wiring Harness.

zn0oz7.jpg
I had a old spare harness....I can see if it has it if you still need it.

Is the connector on the underdash harness that you are missing, or the one that plugs into what is shown on the picture?

I have numerous ones of the pictured item.

Thank You both. When you mentioned the harness , it got me thinking.

Found the connector from another Harness off a donor Metal Dash.

Tested the light before plugging it in . Seat Belt light works.

Wired it up and Fuse #3 blew .. Here's Hoping it was just an old fuse.

Now my Radio Light and Dash lights are gone :chin:

Amazing what they put in place with such a small fuse (4 Amps) :whistling:

Power comes from the right-hand, 2nd fuse from the top, which in turn is only powered when the key is in RUN position. Power is supplied by the red/yellow wire. It seems there's a previous owner boo-boo in your harness somewhere...

If you don't mind me asking... My glovebox is out at the moment. Where should I normally be able to see this connector and where do the wires to the seatbelt go? Mine isn't working and I really would like it to work...

Thanks and sorry for butting in ;-)

If you don't mind me asking... My glovebox is out at the moment. Where should I normally be able to see this connector and where do the wires to the seatbelt go? Mine isn't working and I really would like it to work...

Thanks and sorry for butting in ;-)
Hi Vinnie,

see picture:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That is actually very helpful :)

My pony has 3-point belts and I think they might not be original. I know where to look for the wire now :)

Cleaned up the radio wiring (removed power wires for non-original radio, so back to the original (Blue/Black Wires) for Original Radio.

Replaced Fuse #3 (mini fuse) and #4. Fired up the Dash (Still Dim!) and radio (Works!)

Got the connector and plugged into the Seat Belt light. (doesn't work)

(Green and Red) wires are plugged in and the Seat Belt light wont turn on .

Tied in the (Green+ Red) buzzer as well and it won't work (no sound).

Only have 1 buzzer.

So I moved the buzzer to the headlight on reminder (Red /Black) and it works. So I know its not a faulty buzzer.

MidlIfe , you mentioned red/yellow wires ,are they coming from the fuse box?

How do I follow the green/Red wires looks like the buzzer and seat belt like use the same (red /green) combo..(what route do they take to get power? )

The red/yellow wire comes from the fuse box and is only powered when the key is in the ON position. It routes to a couple of places, one of which is that grey two pin connector and the seat belt relay. The green wire goes to the relay pin and out to the headlight harness for the seat belt/transmission park sensor. Some 1972's have this sensor wiring; some do not. Kinda simple, actually. Maybe your lamp is broken? Is your transmission in park?

The red/yellow wire comes from the fuse box and is only powered when the key is in the ON position. It routes to a couple of places, one of which is that grey two pin connector and the seat belt relay. The green wire goes to the relay pin and out to the headlight harness for the seat belt/transmission park sensor. Some 1972's have this sensor wiring; some do not. Kinda simple, actually. Maybe your lamp is broken? Is your transmission in park?
Midlife, Thank you very much ! The Buzzer and SeatBelt light both work.

With all the rain the last few weeks ; I guess I forgot what it was like to move my car . :rolleyes:

When I moved the selector into reverse, it scared the mess out of me. ...

I guess it's been the garage far too long..

Time to take it out this week! Need to change the thread ..

Looking for a 2nd buzzer now.

Know of a less intrusive chime to replace the buzzer...

Latest posts

Back