Seats and 3-point vs 4-point seatbelt question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifizgud

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertable
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm about to get some new seats and now am torn - Any inputs on aftermarket seats and what would be better - with 3-point or 4-point seatbelts? I was looking at these Corbeau seats http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1964_1973_mustang/interior/seats/racing_seats/corbeau/ (and others), and it seems like the 3-point belts won't work well with the seats that have the 4-point holes included. I was also looking at ABTS integrated seats but these don't seem to be quite as safe and most look too big to fit in the '73. Has anyone had good luck with installing and belting aftermarket seats, and if so, can you give me details / photos / website links? Thanks, and again, Merry Christmas!

Someone will post.

You can also do a search and you should find some decent photos. There has been some discussion before, but we don't have many alternatives.

Merry Christmas.

Yes, seems like lots of questions before, and then no posting feedback on what seems to work or not. I even saw these seats the other day, but couldn't find any info on them, and not sure if they would be safe enough...

IMG_2628.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Auron, sorry for the dumb question but are the belts secured to the seat? I want something safer in my 71 convertible but not crazy about having to secure a shoulder belt somewhere. Trying to find a solution where I can just do a swap and if ever needed, swap back. Or am I dreaming......

No they don't secure to the seat them selves they take the place of the old belts ... now if you go with like a shelby style convertible roll bar and mount them to that.

I know 01-03 F150's had buckets with integrated seatbelts. If the factory installed them they must have done some safety testing. Gotta be better than the testing in 71-73.

Back