Service and Repair Manuals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe
All, unfortunately when I sold my last 73 Coupe I included all the manuals that I had, I know, not smart. So I'm now in the hunt for a new set and I'm looking for recommendations from you all. I'm looking at the Chilton, Haynes, and the Ford OEM Manuals (6 vol set). Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm also considering an online subscription. I've searched on this site for a thread pertaining to this subject, but couldn't come up with any results. Thanks!!!

I believe I have another set that I would be willing to part with for $35.00 plus realistic shipping to your location.

Let me check if its complete, if you're interested.

Thanks, Jay

In my mind, there is no replacement for the FORD SERVICE MANUAL.

They now make reproductions which are outstanding quality at a reasonable price. Got mine for $46 including shipping from ([email protected])

However, they do not include the SPECIFICATIONS booklet. But I have an original of that and have posted many pages here.

Be wary of paying extra $$$ for a mint OEM set though. There is only a tiny little note on the title page identifying reproductions. Easy to miss.

Also, do not pay for online subscriptions unless you have tried them via a trial.

Some can't search, others have problems with the readers, and others are really slow.

Perhaps we can get a few guys together and have a PDF conversion party where we buy a new reproduction manual, have 4 guys chop them up into pages, have 100 guys scan 20 pages each and then have a PDF guru put them all together.

First Dos Equis is on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one simple example and you can likely find more.

I would get the Ford OEM manuals although they can be

sketchy in parts and assume you know something about

working on cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-FORD-MUSTANG-TORINO-COUGAR-FACTORY-WORKSHOP-REPAIR-SHOP-SERVICE-MANUAL-BOOK-/251162541667?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item3a7a743e63&vxp=mtr

mike
Thanks Mike...

I believe I have another set that I would be willing to part with for $35.00 plus realistic shipping to your location.

Thanks, Jay
Jay, PM sent. Thanks!

They now make reproductions which are outstanding quality at a reasonable price. Got mine for $46 including shipping from ([email protected])

However, they do not include the SPECIFICATIONS booklet. But I have an original of that and have posted many pages here.

Be wary of paying extra $$$ for a mint OEM set though. There is only a tiny little note on the title page identifying reproductions. Easy to miss.

Also, do not pay for online subscriptions unless you have tried them via a trial.

Some can't search, others have problems with the readers, and others are really slow.

Perhaps we can get a few guys together and have a PDF conversion party where we buy a new reproduction manual, have 4 guys chop them up into pages, have 100 guys scan 20 pages each and then have a PDF guru put them all together.

Wolverine... sounds like a cool idea... I'm thinking maybe you should consider changing your screen name to Maverick, just my opinion. I was leaning towards the Ford Manuals, good price and original equipment, can't go wrong. I've already ordered a Mustang...by the Numbers from Marti. Are there any other manuals you suggest? I had the 101 Projects for your Mustang, that was pretty cool for ideas. Thanks!

Get a wiring diagram. They are not included in the Shop Manual.

Here is one simple example and you can likely find more.

I would get the Ford OEM manuals although they can be

sketchy in parts and assume you know something about

working on cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-FORD-MUSTANG-TORINO-COUGAR-FACTORY-WORKSHOP-REPAIR-SHOP-SERVICE-MANUAL-BOOK-/251162541667?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item3a7a743e63&vxp=mtr

mike
Thanks Mike...

Thanks, Jay
Jay, PM sent. Thanks!

Wolverine... sounds like a cool idea... I'm thinking maybe you should consider changing your screen name to Maverick, just my opinion. I was leaning towards the Ford Manuals, good price and original equipment, can't go wrong. I've already ordered a Mustang...by the Numbers from Marti. Are there any other manuals you suggest? I had the 101 Projects for your Mustang, that was pretty cool for ideas. Thanks!
Wolverine,

I'm not a tech guy, would it be possible if I buy the Ford Shop Manuals on CD ROM from Amazon to upload them somehow to the site for all to use?

Let me know... Pete

Thanks Vegas...

i have the set on cd from Forel publishing and they are crap. they would not load on my pc at home and forel after 12 emails solved nothing. You cannot print from these, so printing a page or two to make it easier to work on won't happen.

I have the set on CD from Forel (as well as a paper set) and have encountered no difficulties in using it or printing pages from it.

I have the original 1973 Ford Service Manuals and they have not let me down yet. My set came with an oversize wiring diagram with 14 pages that measure 17 inches by 31 inches.

I have the original 1973 Ford Service Manuals and they have not let me down yet. My set came with an oversize wiring diagram with 14 pages that measure 17 inches by 31 inches.
Are these the Wiring and Vacuum Diagram oversize 3 ring binder books? I have those from 67-74. The standard Ford Shop Manual was only 8.5 x 11 inches.

Are these the Wiring and Vacuum Diagram oversize 3 ring binder books? I have those from 67-74. The standard Ford Shop Manual was only 8.5 x 11 inches.
The six volume manuals are 8.5 by 11 inches with volume 6 being the Engine and Emission System Diagnosis with the vacuum schematics. The wiring diagram is loose leaf 3 hole for an oversize binder for 73 Fords and is 17 by 31 inches. My set also came with a 7th booklet with the same color cover as the manuals entitled 1973 Car Service Specifications.

PA090859.jpg

PA090860.jpg

The six volume manuals are 8.5 by 11 inches with volume 6 being the Engine and Emission System Diagnosis with the vacuum schematics. The wiring diagram is loose leaf 3 hole for an oversize binder for 73 Fords and is 17 by 31 inches. My set also came with a 7th booklet with the same color cover as the manuals entitled 1973 Car Service Specifications.

PA090859.jpg

PA090860.jpg
I have those for my '83 bronco. they're handy to say the least.

I bought the manual set back around 1974 or 75 using the order form out of the back of my 73's owner's manual. One of the best investments I've made for the Mustang along with the Ziebart rust proofing.

Does anyone have a suggestion of getting hard copies of the shop manuals or the CD version. When I look at the CD examples the look like a bad scan of a manual. Also, any suggestions on where the get them, Scott Drake?

Thanks

Back