Signal flashers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 915

Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought a 71 mustang, and the signal flashers dont work..... come on and stay on. the hazard flasher works. my problem is i cant find the signal flasher relay location! please help!

Thanks in advance,

thetoolman

The flasher relay is in the fuseblock under the dash. But the hazards use the same flasher unit as the turn signals, so it may be a ground issue, not a flasher unit issue.

The turn signals and flasher also use different fuses. Check the fuse for high resistance, and also the connections. High resistance connections and fuses can reduce the voltage enough that the turn signals will not function.

Thanks for all the advice! Will look into it and let y'all know what I find.

The signal flasher is under the dash to the right of the glove box.

The emergency flasher is under the dash to the right of the fuse module.

mike
Ok, learn something everyday. I sure that there was only one...

Thanks everyone for the help! just found the flasher relay! it was actually stuffed right on top of the glove box, so i had to open the glove box and shove my hand above to find it.... did it just by dumb luck really! changed it out with a spare that came with the car when i bought it and viola! working flashers!

Back