Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1972 convertible Not sure of the code or what it even means. 351c not the original engine but the same one car came with. Has tach & gagues

2nd owner bought in 1993 had been in storage from 79 to 93 when it was traded in for a new car. Had 72k miles now has about 460k. It does not sit around undriven

Bought it was green with black top and green interior.

Now is green with white top and black interior.

Not quite the same car I bought- changed and added stuff.

Things that are more modern than the car is:

Added a cruise control a couple months after I bought it. Cruise no longer works looking for a replacement I miss it.

Replaced 3 speed with T5 overdrive a big plus for gas mileage.

Replaced all the dash lights with coloured LEDs.

Intermitent windsheild wiper switch installed.

Put in a Petronix points replacement thingie - spark plugs last a lot longer this has worked for 16 years.

Things that I have gotten from junk cars that mine did not have (besides almost the entire black interior). The car is now a weird amaglamation of parts from 1971-1972 and 1973 cars (most people would never notice):

Front drum brakes replaced with disc brakes

Am radio replaced with AM/FM stereo door speakers added.

drivers side review mirror replaced with teardrop one and passenger side teardrop one added.

short center console replaced with full size one- clock was broken and replaced it with a late 70s Ford digtal (mechanical one) If you do not know better it looks like it could be original.

map light added to center column post.

Not off an old car but after a Fed Ex semi backed into the car last year the falt hood was replaced witha reproduction NASA one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 72 vert also. If you are into adding and adapting, try picking up a Grand Torino right hand remote controlled sport mirror. You can remove the mirror and cables from the housing and put them into a Mustang mirror housing. The joystick cable is long enough to run through the dash and mount on the right side of the steering column.

1973 302 Medium Copper Metallic, white interior, white top. 600cfm Edelbrock, headers, dual exhaust. And it's FOR SALE.

8-13-09008.jpg

1972 red 302 fmx auto black interior. As found in 2010

100_1629.JPG

'71 F Code, C-4 (built), bright blue metallic with a white top, factoy A/C and front disc brakes. Originally was going to keep it original but the motor had already been bored. Opted to replace everything mechanical motor, trans, a/c, rearend gears, exhaust etc. etc. etc.

It is still a work in progress.

1971 Mustang as purchased (2).jpg

1971 Mustang as purchased (5).JPG

New 306 ci installed.JPG

New 16 inch American Racing Torq Thrust II and Goodyear GT\'s.JPG

here is my 73

76D 5M CA X 2 48

St3ab.jpg

i738k.jpg

NzgYH.jpg

I get convertible envy every time I view this thread! I think my favorites are the blues with white interiors but all the colors look good.

If anyone wants to trade for a Mach 1... ;)

1973 MUSTANG CONVERT, MACH 1 WANNABE LOL 351C FMX TRANS HOLLEY CARD EDELBROCK INTAKE

I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

Sounding off.....72 convertible qcode, rest-mod to an R-code+

73 351c-2v, C6
"Preciuos color" mine is mustang "1995" Special White, just a couple tones lighter!

IMG_1000.JPGIMG_1940.JPGIMG_1952.JPG Hi guys. I wanna join the club. I picked my mustang up from an older couple that rarely drove the car. Do not think they realized what I had in store for it but as soon as I saw the car in their garage I had a vision of how it would look under my care. No kidding, I knew exactly how this project would progress and more importantly how it would feel to it drive it through the orchards and vinyards that are in my area. The car has not disappointed my expectations. Yeah it's rough around the edges, the interior needs work and it's never fast enough, but I love it just the same. I may be a bit jaded but I honestly think these are among best looking convertibles ever built. Top up or down! Glad to be a part of the group.

I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

Sounding off.....72 convertible qcode, rest-mod to an R-code+

Affirmative, 95 special white w/black interior q code to R-code+, most current photo as it is in a deep sleep for the winter, I added some "Perrier" to seal the deep sleep.

73 351c-2v, C6
"Preciuos color" mine is mustang "1995" Special White, just a couple tones lighter!

::welcome::Light Lime Mustang. See my profile, over 200 clips as well planning a hydraulic overhaul on suspension for those drives off the smoothest roads. Won't upgrade Ford Top Loader Wide Ratio Hurst manual 4-speed so am hiding an additional "16" gallon tank. With Multi-Forced Induction into a 351 Cleveland upgrade R code w/366 hp from engine w/extra tank, gives me confidence on my 3.5:1 rear axle ratio to give it better chance to get it to the next gas stations. As you see, 95 mustang special white paint but chromed in w/plans of chrome trim around in engine compartment just as NASA hood ports are chromed rather staying with original bells and whistles w/apron, stripes, under valour, and rear wing but a solid mover w/245's X 15 X 8's on rear and 225 x 15 X 7's in front all around weighting in at 3,800lbs+ Currently in a deep sleep for the winter with a "Perrier" to seal the deal, ha.

Back