Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys 72 Q code convertible wimbledon white, power windows, power top, tachymete,r cragars wheel, deluxe usolpery, radio and 8 track K7, imported in France april 72.is a very nice convertible: Heart: and i am very happy.: Ange:

Princesses2006_245.jpg

Princesses2006_244.jpg

I've noticed we have had some new members with convertibles so time to bump this thread and see some more pictures!
Mike, you're just wanting to rub it in and cause me to drool. ;)
Don,

it looks like you might have to buy a convertible to fill that need :)

1971 F code, red with black top and interior, 429 4V, C-6, 9" posi rear with 3:31 gears, 15" Magnum 500 wheels with BFG tires and 3" dual flowmaster exhaust.

Don - I have had a 30 year not so secret desire for one of these, I neglected to tell the wife until it is was basically on the truck from Florida. I still have not seen, touched or driven mine but am obviously already paying for it... he he. When it actually gets here (fingers crossed early next week) I will be able to refer to it as "The dog house" cause I'll be spending some time in it. Wait, where's the down side??

Oh yeah, the side stripes and rear spoiler are already in the garage.

BOSS 429 004.jpg

I don't have one yet...

Trying to get this one...1972 original owner 58k miles, 302/fmx both matching numbers. Has not been driven for 25 years but am told it runs, CA car. Thats all I know about it for now and here is the only pic the guy had. He is looking for $4k but hard to know if good until I see condition/options.

wagb42.jpg

I don't have one yet...

Trying to get this one...1972 original owner 58k miles, 302/fmx both matching numbers. Has not been driven for 25 years but am told it runs, CA car. Thats all I know about it for now and here is the only pic the guy had. He is looking for $4k but hard to know if good until I see condition/options.

wagb42.jpg
Any 7173 convert is worth at least $4K IMHO! ;)

1973 h code, FMX Trans ,pw side widows ,instrumentation group, convenience group, rim blow ,am8 track, decor group, body side tape stripe,body colour is White

3F03H213377 #1.JPG

72 spint - one of fifty made. I owned another one in the 80's (yes I have owned 2 of the 50 ) and I sold a blue 73 conv to buy the 2nd 72 sprint. I sold the 1st sprint a long time ago.
Very sharp! No matter what I do with my 72 vert, it will never beat the authentic and rare as the 72 sprint convertible. One question I have though is, "as the 2nd or 3rd generation is called the fox body, as I researched to 73 mustangs, the 1st generation from 71-73, the designer's name is Bunkie Knudsen of which the higher ups were not too happy with the design and back in the days called it a dinosaur, but...." Do you know what this body style is called?

72 spint - one of fifty made. I owned another one in the 80's (yes I have owned 2 of the 50 ) and I sold a blue 73 conv to buy the 2nd 72 sprint. I sold the 1st sprint a long time ago.
Very sharp! No matter what I do with my 72 vert, it will never beat the authentic and rare as the 72 sprint convertible. One question I have though is, "as the 2nd or 3rd generation is called the fox body, as I researched to 73 mustangs, the 1st generation from 71-73, the designer's name is Bunkie Knudsen of which the higher ups were not too happy with the design and back in the days called it a dinosaur, but...." Do you know what this body style is called?
From my understandings, there was no 'platform' type name associated to the 1971-1973 Mustangs. I have heard them referred to as the 4th generation of the classic Mustangs. (64.5-73)

All Mercury Cougars up to 1973 shared platforms with the Mustangs. (From 1974-1979 Cougars switched to a Thunderbird based platform, then in 1980 they also moved to the Fox platform.)

The Fox platform was originally developed for the 1978 Ford Fairmont and Mercury Zephyr. Ford engineers decided to utilize it as well as they developed the next Mustang and then Cougar.

Ray

Mine is a73 F code. Has a reman 302 w/ orig 2bbl, bright greengold with painted 72 white stripes. NASA hood, Mach 1 grill, white interior, black carpet, white roof. C4 with 2:79 rear, magnums, headers w/ flowmaster 40s. Fun, fun, fun car.
I gather your stang is driven often. ie 302 engine w/NASA hood. that being the case. Might feel more secure having brighter tail lights. ie LED Sequential Tail Lights. If I can figure out how to get my video on board, I would be able to demonstrate not only how brighter they are but also a further modification of how great the rear looks with a bar light hooked up to the 4-ways and brakes, placed just above the license plate. However, for some reason on your site as well as previous, just does not even want to accept still shots.

Back