Sprint for sale????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm envisioning rust issues down low (frame rails, floor pans, trunk pan & drop-offs). Austin is more toward the easterly side of Texas, which means more humidity and rainfall.

However, that body looks pretty dang straight in those pics - the sunburned paint is normal.

If there's little or no rust (big "if"), then running or not I say it's not a bad price for a Sprint in 'such good shape.' $5K for a 'roller' with a straight body and very little or no rust is worth it, IMHO.

I hope someone sees the value and picks it up - that would be an awesome car to have.

I'm envisioning rust issues down low (frame rails, floor pans, trunk pan & drop-offs). Austin is more toward the easterly side of Texas, which means more humidity and rainfall.

However, that body looks pretty dang straight in those pics - the sunburned paint is normal.

If there's little or no rust (big "if"), then running or not I say it's not a bad price for a Sprint in 'such good shape.' $5K for a 'roller' with a straight body and very little or no rust is worth it, IMHO.

I hope someone sees the value and picks it up - that would be an awesome car to have.
have to agree w you mister 4x4!

I think this would be a good pickup.

ha..compare this: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4980018795.html

To that sprint....take the sprint 4 sho

wow...emailed the guy..said it was his fathers (he passed) he's just wanting to get rid of it. motor is still in car...not sure if it runs or not...doesn't know a lot about it. did say make him an offer..any offer. wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have plates yet - gotta pass a safety inspection, first. :shy:

I'm still working on the pesky things like:

• working wipers
  • working signal lights
  • brake booster that works
  • speedometer cable and speed sensor
  • alignment

Those are the minimum things I still need to get done before I can actually "drive" it anywhere, and I have the parts already. I've been trying to get something done over the weekends, but the weather's been not entire cooperative. It's looking good for this weekend to get some wrenchin' time in, though. :D

:D hmmmmm you are 200 miles from Austin.... the car is 230ish miles from the ocean rain fall has been 2 inches max at any given time.... RUST? Heck my car came from San Antonio and it was nearly 99% rust free....what are ya say'n here? :rolleyes: ahhh I get it ...try'n to deflect others away so you can pounce on it later at much lower price.:D:D:D

for the record I would buy that car....but for 3500.00!

• working wipers
  • working signal lights
  • alignment

Those are the minimum things I still need to get done before I can actually "drive" it anywhere, and I have the parts already. I've been trying to get something done over the weekends, but the weather's been not entire cooperative. It's looking good for this weekend to get some wrenchin' time in, though. :D
SHOOT, you dont want to know what bad weather is...try living up here,,,Have fun this weekend;)

• working wipers
  • working signal lights
  • alignment

SHOOT, you don't want to know what bad weather is...try living up here,,,Have fun this weekend;)
"Safety Inspection"? This is Texas....not required. Then again I run special/antique version plates and they dont require an inspection...just insurance. I run my car on most weekends and live 1/2 mile from the sub-station no....not the "sub" station as in sandwich. Never been stopped, been followed several times after a little throttle kicking but that is all. My covert bile has been running those plates for 8 years not one question.

I refuse to run antique or classic plates - I'm not going to have anyone telling me how much or how little I can drive my car based on saving a few bucks for state registration fees.

So yes - a safety inspection is required. :rolleyes:

Nope - I'm not interested in buying it. I don't have the room for another car for one thing, nor do I have the itch to take on another restoration project - unless she finally caves on a '70s Corvette project, that is.

You must not be very familiar with Texas. I'm 230 miles away from Austin (to the west)... true. Austin is not quite the same distance to the coast (albeit in a slightly different direction)... true. However, the 'dry line' is a SW to NE line running through Fredericksburg... meaning, San Antonio, Austin, DFW, etc., suffer almost twice the humidity as San Angelo, as well as receive over twice the average annual rainfall - which is why things are somewhat "greener" in those areas than the standard West Texas brown found where I live. Add that in to that car being parked in a field - which from the looks of how far it's sunk-in, a LO-O-ONG time. That says to me, "Great potential for rust down low."

Next question. :cool:

I refuse to run antique or classic plates - I'm not going to have anyone telling me how much or how little I can drive my car based on saving a few bucks for state registration fees.

So yes - a safety inspection is required. :rolleyes:

Nope - I'm not interested in buying it. I don't have the room for another car for one thing, nor do I have the itch to take on another restoration project - unless she finally caves on a '70s Corvette project, that is.

You must not be very familiar with Texas. I'm 230 miles away from Austin (to the west)... true. Austin is not quite the same distance to the coast (albeit in a slightly different direction)... true. However, the 'dry line' is a SW to NE line running through Fredericksburg... meaning, San Antonio, Austin, DFW, etc., suffer almost twice the humidity as San Angelo, as well as receive over twice the average annual rainfall - which is why things are somewhat "greener" in those areas than the standard West Texas brown found where I live. Add that in to that car being parked in a field - which from the looks of how far it's sunk-in, a LO-O-ONG time. That says to me, "Great potential for rust down low."

Next question. :cool:
:whistling:

Back