Steering column Gap/Cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaheenk

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Grande Coupe
Hi Guys, 

Quick question, I have my 73 wired up and have put the dashboard back in , I have a large gap between the dash and the steering column, basically I can see the ignition switch rod. Its about 3 inches too far out, or thats what it looks like . Is there a cover thats missing or something between the dash and steering column. Its a non tilt column

image to show the bit I am missing

It's called an "upper?" steering column shroud. It's split so you can fit it over the column, then there's a clip that holds it together. The clip has a "leg" on it that fits into a slot on the bottom of the column, so there is only one way to correctly install it.

It's one of those "stand on your head on the floor board" setups. I tried to find one for you by a GOOGLE search, but only found one for a Maverick and Galaxie, same principle though.

Try west coast cougar.... $45 Used steering column shroud or collar for any 1971-73 Mercury Cougar or Ford Mustang. These come in various colors, and have a smooth texture. These will have some scratches in the surface, specify your desired color in the notes or comments section, but do know that black is in short supply. Ginger anyone?

*Note does not include the retainer or clip, we cannot keep them in stock.

Replaces Ford part numbers D1ZA-3530-A, D1ZZ-3530-A,D3ZA-3530-A, and D3ZZ-3530-A.

Back