Trunk Light Location

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theflip44

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 - Wimbledon White
I am looking for some assistance on installing the trunk light into my 73. Anybody have any diagrams or pictures that I can work off of for a location? Thank you in advance guys!

Mine does not have one, but I'm pretty sure I have seen them mounted just to the right of the driver's side trunk lid hinge. There are a large and small hole used for mounting. Hopefully someone else can confirm this. See pic below:

DSCF8190.jpg

Just left of the trunk latch there is a rectangular hole for the light fixture and a small round hole for the screw that secures the fixture to the deck lid (and provides a ground for the light). The wire is routed between the frame and skin of the trunk lid and exits through a rectangular hole with a small round hole next to it, located to the left of the left trunk hinge. The round hole is for a plastic wire retainer push clip. There is a second wire retainer clip where the frame of the package tray and the frame of the left quarter panel meet. The electrical connector is above the left wheel house. Chuck

Back