Well I'm DONE!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
:mad: I've been searching two years for power window parts so I can start and then FINISH my interior.

I was so excited to get a unique car with power windows. I've searched 2 years nearly every weekend looking for parts.....I'm done. I had no idea these cars are so hard to get parts for and I'm far from a novice. My mistake? yep !!! I didnt research it....such a great car... the excitement over came me.

Not leaving this cool group of folks. I'll sell and then find a sports roof or even another Mach I. I've really come to love the design of these cars... but I'll roll the dang windows up BY HAND!!!

I've given that some thought 71_badmach. This car is so close and has all of its original equipment. I dont have the heart to change it. If it didnt have its original motor and tranny I would do that without a second thought.

:mad:

Not leaving this cool group of folks. I'll sell and then find a sports roof or even another Mach I. I've really come to love the design of these cars... but I'll roll the dang windows up BY HAND!!!
I've got several of those with roll up windows if you want to trade yours in on a different but similar model.

Man that sucks. I wish I would of known you needed those parts. I had 72 convertible that I parted out this summer that had power windows. I ended up scrapping them with the rest of the car. Sorry. Kevin

Check with Don at OMS - he mentioned having some power window parts awhile back. Don't give up, Man - you're too close!

Ya don seems to have everything....Ill ask my mustang parts guy too..He has done a few power window stangs in his restore shop....He is the best in my area hands down on mustangs...Dont give up..I got powerwindows too....There flakey a bit..But still work for now.

Were the Cougar parts that much different? I know Cougars had a much higher percentage of high end options like power windows.

I dont know if the cougar parts will work or can be modified to work.west coast classic cougar were very good to work with give them a call and see what they have. http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/powipa.html I really hope this helps you I hate the idea of you giving up, just want to encourage you

Man that sucks. I wish I would of known you needed those parts. I had 72 convertible that I parted out this summer that had power windows. I ended up scrapping them with the rest of the car. Sorry. Kevin
Well I posted it several times but didnt want folks to get pizz'd with the continuous bumping..... but now I hate you. LOL.... nahh not really just seems that is the way it is for my interior. Yes it can be converted ....I just wanted the CORRECT stuff in my car... 8 track and all.

I walked through a salvage yard looking for power window switches for you today. I had no luck but I did pick up a few other things I saw.

I walked through a salvage yard looking for power window switches for you today. I had no luck but I did pick up a few other things I saw.
Wow ... now that's nice!! what did you get me??? :D:D:D J/K

Were the Cougar parts that much different? I know Cougars had a much higher percentage of high end options like power windows.
Try Mikes Mustangs (301) 283-0344

Bryans Road MD - he has a junkyard with 500 Mustangs.
VA....thank you!!!! Hell I've looked for two years...what's another phone call??:D I'll call them tomorrow.

I dont know if the cougar parts will work or can be modified to work.west coast classic cougar were very good to work with give them a call and see what they have. http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/powipa.html I really hope this helps you I hate the idea of you giving up, just want to encourage you
Dude..... you may be a 7173 poster HERO:idea:!! .... those are not exact but WILL FIT!!!!! and it appears they will not require alteration of my panels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ... now that's nice!! what did you get me??? :D:D:D J/K

Try Mikes Mustangs (301) 283-0344

Bryans Road MD - he has a junkyard with 500 Mustangs.
VA....thank you!!!! Hell I've looked for two years...what's another phone call??:D I'll call them tomorrow.

Dude..... you may be a 7173 poster HERO:idea:!! .... those are not exact but WILL FIT!!!!! and it appears they will not require alteration of my panels.
I picked up for ME a decent set of 15" dog dish hubcaps that were buried in the trunk of a 71 Galaxie. :p What a find!!!

So if the cougar switches fit that means were not trading cars? Bummer. :p

:D yep.... but they dont come with the clips for the bezels. I got the bezels which i have been able to locate over the past year off of ebay. Unfortunately nobody had clips with them. Also the passenger door and rear quarters are in good shape. The plastic housings for the main control switch on the driver door is the problem. Cali says nobody has made that yet and they didnt know of any used sets available.

The good news is the West Coast Cougar lead is the best so far...appears they have a used master block and the components to rebuild what I have right now I'm looking at about 500.00 IF they are in stock tomorrow I assure you I WILL place the order.

:D yep.... but they dont come with the clips for the bezels. I got the bezels which i have been able to locate over the past year off of ebay. Unfortunately nobody had clips with them. Also the passenger door and rear quarters are in good shape. The plastic housings for the main control switch on the driver door is the problem. Cali says nobody has made that yet and they didnt know of any used sets available.

The good news is the West Coast Cougar lead is the best so far...appears they have a used master block and the components to rebuild what I have right now I'm looking at about 500.00 IF they are in stock tomorrow I assure you I WILL place the order.
This is great news! So please delete your for sale ad. :p

Guys this is amazing... you dont know how many hours I've wasted looking for this stuff which is part of the anger. You guys all come through in 2 days roughly THANK YOU all for helping. I'll let ya'll know tomorrow if West Coast or the other guys have what I need!

Latest posts

Back