what carb to use

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebite8

Reaction score
My Car
67-fastback gt k-code
72-mach 1 HO
I want to replace my stock carb on my HO. I was told to use a holley butnnevrer told what one to use. Any ideas please.

What do you intend to do with the car? Dedicated drag racer or weekend cruiser, or somewhere in between?

Personally, I like Edelbrock because my car is a weekend/fair weather cruiser, but I want to be able to stomp on the peddle and have it respond when I want it too.

Holly will do that too, but Eddys are simpler

As Cz said the cfm ...is equal to rpm. If you intend to cruise around ...stock 550 will do. if you have a little cam 650.... if you go beastiality ...750. Example my car is set up to go bad azz but i have a 750... she starves at one end but 0 to 80 she slurps up all it will feed her. If you are stock a 550 will give you some top end and a little umph at the beginning without being over carbed.

Helpful?

If she is stock..I would get a 650 holley atleast....Stock carb for your HO is a 715 or 716 cfm carb if i remmeber right....I put a 600cfm eldelbrock on my stock 351 4v...and noticed a small loss in power...but it seemed to work just fine overall...It just did not have the snap my old 4300d did.

Going for weekend cruiser, but hit the gas every now and then. Engine does have a different cam and I was thinking of going with 750 carb.

Cz-75 what carb did u get?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I have to find the paper work on what carb the guy placed in the car

Cj pony has a 750 eldelbrook electric choke for around 369.00

Cj pony has a 750 eldelbrook electric choke for around 369.00
You can get a factory refreshed one for 250 bucks from ebay...Guy has good feed back too.,,Make sure you get a holley jetting kit if you get a holley....A holley needs to be tuned in a little with a jet kit..not hard to use...kit is like 50 bucks for every jet made for a holley..and is needed.

I got a vac version for my car..my build will be pushing about 425 to the fly wheel.

Thunder series mentioned above are some good carbs...Was thinkin about getting one my self...takes alot less tuning than a holley...But holley is the king of racing....you can tune them in a little sharper to your needs...Give and take with every brand..lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-0-80508S-750CFM-Factory-Refurbished-Carburetor-/281241342056?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417b4a5068&vxp=mtr

Going for weekend cruiser, but hit the gas every now and then. Engine does have a different cam and I was thinking of going with 750 carb.

Cz-75 what carb did u get?
images

uhhh ooo Snake ..... you no buy 750 for stock or mild cam.... de 750 relates to "are you going to run your cahh up to 7500 rhhh p mmmm?

What you look fo Grasshoppahhh is 625 to 650.... and change timing and jets to give Ahhfff de line quik nedds

Any way you can figure out the cam lift in your car? you know who built it? cause it would suck to buy too big of a carb for you're app..Im planning on pushing 425 ish too the fly..If you not pushing over 350-375ish hp and up..750 not really needed.

How well was it runing on the orignal carb? If it was runing fine with original carb....I would have douts on using a 750 too...I like that carb totalled put on there...No dout a HO stang is a hot motor allready..But not 750cfm hot i dont think....that 670 cfm would be perfict fit for it.

Back